scope for PC9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

vireya

Bearcat
I am totally confused now...

I gave up on using a red dot, cuz with my 83 yr old eyes, I cud not get a clear dot without frayed edges. Perhaps I was too close to it, I dont know

SO, I decided to go to a scope, the UTG. After sighting it in, I extended the forward dial to 100 yards. All was good UNTIL 5 rds fired. Re examining the distance, it had changed to 25 yds. Tried the same without the weight of the lens covers...same thing. I decided that this scope was more for a 22 than a 9, so searched and found the Bushnell BMAG350 scope 4-12X40. Ordered that, but then heard from OpticsPlanet that the BMA is not intended for a PC9. They suggested the Athlon scope 4-12X40 instead.

Not wanting to spend a lot of money for this, I guess my main question is...is a BMA type scope not compatible to the PC9? And, if it is, then can I still use it as a regular scope without using the BMA feature?

wwb

Hunter
Scope choice depends on your intended use, but in any case, a 4-12X scope on a PC is a gross mismatch unless you intend to do nothing but 100+ yard shots. Something on the order of a 1-3X, 1.5-4.5X, or even a 2-7X would be a lot better fit.

My 96/44 is fitted with a Leupold 1-4X, and is fine out past 100 yards, and has a trajectory similar to a 9mm fired from a carbine. Past 100 yards, your trajectory is starting to resemble a rainbow.