SC CWP update

Help Support Ruger Forum:

So, if some of you will recall I applied for renewal of my SC permit for the fifth time this past summer.. In the past SLED (SC Law Enforcement Division has been intentionally slow on getting these renewals out and before one of our 'pro gun' legislators killed our grass roots organization we could keep up with their latest finagling on line... it used to be you could not apply for renewal earlier than 90 days and it took all of 90 days for them to process.... permits are now free of charge....and you do it all on line.. So, this Summer exactly 90 days before I expired I applied on line....then a few days before I expired I realized I had not gotten my renewal... I emailed SLED and got a nebulous response... went out of town for 3 weeks fully expecting the permit to be in the mail when I got back but no permit...So, I sent another email and got a somewhat better response that it was being processed.... I had actually tried to go to the renewal portal before I left town and could not get it to recognize me.. or such.. so a day or so back I just tried again and reapplied.... few days later I get an email saying my attempt had worked and the permit would be sent out that week... which I got the next week...

Well here's the screwy thing... I just got another permit today.... about 3 months / 90 days after my second attempt... now I have two permits... I guess the really good news is the 2nd one is good for another 5 years from last week.