Sasquatch hunters' rifle

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TRanger

Blackhawk
bennettfam said:
TRanger said:
For me, the most compelling piece of evidence is the Patterson film. For more than forty years, people have been trying to debunk this film without success.

Debunking testimonies...(at least if you can believe Wikipedia)

quote]

I've read those explanations before. For a number of reasons, Mr. Morris' and Mr. Heironimus" claims do not hold water and have been effectively "debunked" themselves. The film shows an upright walking creature whose muscles and tendons can be seen moving under the hide; something very difficult to convincingly fake even today and probably impossible at the time. Could it be a man in a suit? If it is, it is one of the most elaborately planned and executed hoaxes ever.

Floridaoutdoors

Single-Sixer
'Round these parts we got some big boys who,outfitted in Cabellas Best Ghillie could be mistaken for Squatch in all regards.Caution.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Floridaoutdoors said:
'Round these parts we got some big boys who,outfitted in Cabellas Best Ghillie could be mistaken for Squatch in all regards.Caution.
It must not be a very good camo outfit if you can see them. :wink:

mike-c

Single-Sixer
Greetings All,

For those of you that think bigfoot is too rare to kill, or too human like to kill. I have a suggestion for you.

Give the skunk ape a bath, shave, and a haircut. Put some clothes on him, and put him to work. I am tired of that bum living off the fat of my land, and if he had a job, he could pay taxes like the rest of us.

Given equal opportunity, would he vote independant, democrat, or republican????????

Take care,

Mike 8) :oops:

geoff40

Bearcat
According to old tales from central and south America, a .45 revolver works pretty well on bigfoots.

cruzerlou

Buckeye
Heres what gets me about that show .They sneek into the woods where the bigfoot is susposed to live ,put out sent from other primates [white tail doe in heat won't work on mule deer ] and they don't have the right sent and then they start call blasting bigfoot calls .How do they know what a bigfoot call sounds like .No one's ever comfermed that the calls their blasting IS a bogfoot .
It's just like grunting or rattling for a deer if you go out and grunt like a big domenint buck ,your gonna scare off all but the big guy in the area .Same thing with rattleing you go and rattle real agresive and you might just scare off the big guy in the area .

Now as to the gun ,I would think given the size of a bigfoot [if there is such a thing]you would need a gun that would be suitable for at least an Elk or Grizzly bear,but this begs another question if their so rare that we can't even prove that there really exist ,Why kill the only one you ever see?
Wouldn't it be better to dart the bigfoot and take D.N.A. samlpes and such and let it go?This would prove their existance and we could then begin to study and understand them and then make a disishion as to wether or not we should be shooting them in the first place .
This of course is just my opionion on the matter .I'd like to think there is such a creature out there ,but I don't think there is .Soneone somewhere would have killed one by now .
Iwatch the show just for kicks .I'd love to see there guys try to go out and outsmart a big old buck ,if they were hunting for food these guys would starve to death .I hope they come close around here cause I'll be out there in the woods at night and anwser every call they make LOL.
Oh BTW the last time we touched on this subject I thought I saw a bigfoot and nearly put a couple of 12 Ga slugs in it .It's a good thing that i didn't ,it was just my Mother in law it was a scarry monent for me though ,acording to what a bigfoot is susposed to look like it's hard to tell the diffrence :lol:
Lou

wwb

Hunter
cruzerlou said:
........ I thought I saw a bigfoot and nearly put a couple of 12 Ga slugs in it .It's a good thing that i didn't ,it was just my Mother in law ..........

Now THAT is funny !!!

tacotime

Single-Sixer
Snake45 said:
tacotime said:
Not so fast on the dismissal of the Chupacabra. Quite a few photos taken and actual carcasses in the lab. That one is still open.
Carcasses in the lab? What do the DNA tests say about it? Every photo and every carcass I've ever heard of (so far) has turned out to be a mangy (literally) coyote or feral dog. :shock:

Let's see the results on the ones that they didn't release any results on.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Wow, nobody suggested the 32 mag yet? I read it on here that the 32 Mag outpenetrates all other guns for some reason... so it has to be the best choice :wink:

TRanger

Blackhawk
Quarterbore said:
Wow, nobody suggested the 32 mag yet? I read it on here that the 32 Mag outpenetrates all other guns for some reason... so it has to be the best choice :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Belt Fed

Single-Sixer
I have killed Big Foots with these cartridges: 300 H&H Mag. 35 Whelen 45-70 and 450 Nitro Express 3 1/4". The only one shot kills were with both .45 caliber cartridges.

Belt Fed

Single-Sixer
I have killed Big Foots with these cartridges: 300 H&H Mag. 35 Whelen 45-70 and 450 Nitro Express 3 1/4". The only one shot kills were with both .45 caliber cartridges.

Belt Fed

Single-Sixer

mr surveyor

Blackhawk
huh.....I have been hunting the Big Foot harry boogers in NE Texas with an RG-14 loaded with .22 shorts for years..... since I started, there ain't been a single reported sighting of one. And do I get any credit for protecting my neighborhood....nooooo! I also control the elephant population in my back yard with a MarkII 22/45, although it's obviously stoked with more potent 22 lr's.

No worries here

surv