sad day

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sadly it happens years ago my uncle was mowing hay with an offset mower it clogged up and when he backed up it kicked off to the side and it put the tire right on top of a fawn he was quite upset over it for a few days

Gramps

Lots of farmers mowing and baling over grown cover crop this year or just running it down with the planters as we are. The weather promoted early growth while prohibiting early planting/spraying. Now we have thousands of acres of 4' high cover that the deer and turkeys find ideal for hiding babies and nests.
Just an unfortunate set of circumstances but still not easy to accept.:(

MHtractorguy

Single-Sixer
I'm also a (small) farmer and I would be heartbroken, too.
I must have a box turtle breeding spot in one of my fields. I see them marching in from all directions this time of year.

I got a fawn a bit last spring, mowing about 30in tall weeds. Saw movement under the front of the tractor and got stopped.
It hit itself under the front axle a couple of times getting up but managed to run/bounce away...thinking it made it.
Decided to wait a few more weeks to finish cutting the area.

NewRuger41

Bearcat
I send my boy and a mess of his friends through the fields while flying a drone in our attempt to find the wild things and either move them or move around them. 100% success so far. Kids have a good time on their radios chatting with each other. First fawn we saw was 3 weeks back I think.