Ruger's Records Department

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Boomer

Single-Sixer
Having seen a post yesterday in a thread in the Rimfire sub-forum suggesting that the OP call Ruger's Record Department to obtain ship date and ship configuration, I decided to do it today on my oldest two Ruger revolvers. I received a call back a few minutes ago with confirmation letters to follow on both.

Interestingly, the data confirms both are from early production runs:
1) OM SS - shipped January 1955 (I have my late dad's original sales receipt dated Mar 3, 1955 and other original Ruger documents serialized to this gun).
2) NM BH .357/9mm convertable - shipped May 1974 (I bought it new in 1974, which was the 1st year of NM production).

I appreciate Ruger providing this service to owner-collector enthusiasts! :D

Redstick

Single-Sixer
You'll get their current catalog TOO!!! 8) Just one more GREAT THING ABOUT RUGER! :D

You'll prob'ly get a box to ship the OM SS back to them in so's they can convert it over to the transfer bar safety system too; 'less it's already been converted.

Boomer

Single-Sixer
Redstick":30x29nq3 said:
You'll prob'ly get a box to ship the OM SS back to them in so's they can convert it over to the transfer bar safety system too; 'less it's already been converted.
You mean an "offer" like this? :lol:
Thankfully, this SS is unmolested and one family owned since new.

372718935.jpg

Redstick

Single-Sixer
Boomer":27bjwtk2 said:
You mean an "offer" like this? :lol:
Thankfully, this SS is unmolested and one family owned since new.

372718935.jpg

They've sent me a Ruger Box before with the shipping carton to send the gun back in.