Ruger's Great Service

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Retsoff

Bearcat
I recently sent to Ruger for repair a GP100 that was 23 years old (per the SN) and that I had bought used. The last time I was cleaning it, I took out the trigger group and the cylinder latch came loose. In an attempt to get it back in, I then pulled the trigger (don't know what I was thinking) and the transfer bar came loose. I cut my losses and sent the revolver back to Ruger with a note explaining the problem and how it happened. About a week later, I got it back (repaired and ready to go) "at no charge" along with an owner's manual (which they figured I needed) and a sturdy Ruger box. That's great service in anyone's book.

Ashlander

Single-Sixer
I love the way you told that story -- goodness knows -- all you needed was the part where a little spring goes flying across the basement!!!

Mule Skinner

Bearcat
Customer service from the likes of:

Sturm Ruger...... Brownells...... Dillon Reloading

That's about as good as it gets!

JMTC.... Mule Skinner

satch

Bearcat
Years ago I had a MKII Bullbarrel and wondered about shooting hyper ammo in it so I called Ruger and they put me on the phone with one of the people in Customer Service and he told me Ruger builds their guns to well excede the Firearm Industry pressure standards. Later on,on this forum I realized I'd talked to one of Rugers top Engineers.

Retsoff

Bearcat
Ashlander said:
I love the way you told that story -- goodness knows -- all you needed was the part where a little spring goes flying across the basement!!!

I should've learned my lesson. Years ago, I had a SP101 which had a spring go flying after I removed the trigger group and then pulled the trigger. I had to send it off to Ruger, who promptly fixed it and sent it back to me along with a note as to why I shouldn't do this. I think my Ruger revolver trigger group removals are done unless I drop it in mud or water.