RUGER SR22 takedown lever

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eric2684

Bearcat
Has anyone had any issues with the take down lever on their SR22? I heard online about a lever failure that caused the aluminum slide to launch downrange! There is a company that sells billet plastic replacements that they claim are more durable, but who knows if that's accurate.

RedlegM109A1

Single-Sixer
I have shot thousands of rounds through my two SR22ps. No issues whatever. Enjoy the gun. A few early production models had a few failures of the take down lever, but it appears that Ruger has straightened out that problem, along with the issue of the barrel becoming loose. If something happens to yours, send it to Ruger and they will fix it; but the need for this is probably very unlikely.

DSC_0560.jpg

RUT

Single-Sixer
eric2684 said:
Has anyone had any issues with the take down lever on their SR22? I heard online about a lever failure that caused the aluminum slide to launch downrange! There is a company that sells billet plastic replacements that they claim are more durable, but who knows if that's accurate.

Yes, I did have a problem early on, and yes, my slide did go flying off! I sent it back to Ruger for repair, and haven't shot it enough since to know if the fix is permanent. Mine was an early gun, and I haven't been seeing the problems with the current guns, so perhaps they did fix it.

Noah Zark

Bearcat
I have two SR22s that were made after August 2012 and following 1200 rds downrange through the first one, the front face of the TD lever was "peened" a bit. So I bought two of the aftermarket TD levers and installed them. With about 400 rds through the one SR22 there's no evidence of peening. I kept the original TD levers in the spare parts box.

Noah

agjames96

Bearcat
I literally just broke my second one...

Anyone have info on the aftermarket company?

Mine is a very early model with a replacement lever that is July/August 2012 vintage.

Not sure if it is an inherent problem or if my current setup is causing the problem.

DSCN0973.jpg

Noah Zark

Bearcat
AG:

http://www.twintechtactical.com/Takedown-Lever.html

Twin Tech Tactical.

Noah

tjironhorse

Single-Sixer
I installed a Twin Tech unit on my gun this past week. The factory lever did show some signs of wear.Had about 700 rounds thru it.Very easy job to do. Took about 15 minutes.
Fired 300 rounds to test it. No sign of wear at all. I felt it was cheap insurance to have peace of mind. Cost $25 worth every penny.
TJ

markbrumbaugh

Bearcat
I bent my drift pin getting the roll pin out and nearly didn't get it back in. Be VERY CAREFUL to keep the holes aligned when reinstalling. Check alignment after and before EVERY hit. But it is a great and robust lever.

agjames96

Bearcat
Received my lever today and just finished installing it. Getting everything lined back up and the pin back in is a bear, but it is done. Was going to try it out with my can in the garage, but figured that I have pressed my luck too much lately with function firing other 22's that I have been working on. A visit from the police would turn a cheap successful repair into an expensive deal.

Latest posts