Takedown 10/22 feedback.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Armybrat

Buckeye
Model 11112.
What are the cons for this model, any quirks I should know about?
The last 10/22 I bought was in 1977 (still have it), but would like to try one of these new production guns.
Would get a can to use it for little varmints outside without disturbing the wife inside. I don't plan to put an optic on it.
Looks like it comes with a neat carrying case too.
Any input would be appreciated.

6C53920A-DFCE-4CCA-9550-562663009061.jpeg

I have a TD. Was fine as a stock gun, but I had to tinker. I ended up putting a Tactical Solutions barrel and Hogue stock on it. Also, Volquartsen trigger parts. I have a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot on it along with fiber optic sights. With the red dot and CCI MiniMag HP's it shoots one ragged hole at 25 yards.

I have no use for the takedown but I had a common 10-22 with a 'take off" threaded barrel installed. It was as accurate as most shooters can utilize. You can buy a 'take off' threaded barrel on ebay.

9x19

Hunter
I have one I put together using a Brownell's receiver, a clearance-priced Hogue stock, and TacSol SBX barrel. Bolt and trigger group are from Ruger. It shoots well, but other than for cleaning, I rarely have need to break it down...

aKZgYOt.jpg

I have the standard take down model 11100 with out the threaded barrel like on the 11112 and love it.
The only complaint I have is the the sights, with my old eyes I have trouble with these small sights that are standard on a lot of 10/22s.
I wanted to keep my 10/22 take down with open sights but ultimately had to go with a scope for better accuracy with my old eyes.

I did find I like the fiber optic sights that come on a few models, I'm having fun with those on a compact I picked up with them. If I had to do it over again for a take down I would have bought the take down with Magpul stock and fiber optics sights installed but that ups the price quite a bit. Also I've heard some complaints the fiber optics are fragile.
If your eyes can get on with the small sights (wish mine could), I think its a fine choice.

@Armybrat - I also do like the new cases that come with both the 11100 and 11112. I use mine for trips to range and its a nice compact size. You can reorganize the multiple velcro hold down straps and separators to secure the two halves in what works best for your configuration. For example on mine, I reorganized it so the scope stays on receiver half and all fits nicely. Three internal pockets also let you put a but ton of mags in them, would probably hold your can nicely but you also may be able to organize everything to keep the can on if its not too long.

Latest posts