ruger single six problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

drkuhar

Bearcat
I finally got to shoot my new single six today. Having a big problem with getting ammo in. Winchester superx and m22 won't go in .remington golden bullet s will go with some help.. it is like the cylinder is too tight. If I get it loaded it shoots fine and the shells fall out fine.
I put a brass cleaner in a drill and polished the cylinder and tried federal bulk pack ammo and it loaded fine. But winchester feels like there is no way it would still load.
Please give me some ideas. If this is something I can fix at home or does it need to go back to ruger. The problem is only on loading not extraction.
Thanks

drkuhar

Bearcat
No I am not loading mag cartridge s into lr cylinder. I did some searching and it seems ruger single sixes sometime get out with tighter tolerances. I could shoot federal bulk box 22 no problem but nothing winchester and remington is 50/50. My local gun guy said to get some lapping compound and lap the cylinder s.

drkuhar

Bearcat
I took it to him this evening. He used some compound he said came from brownells with a cleaning rod chucked in a drill. Then he wiped everything clean and we went and shot about 50 rds through it. All the cylinder s except one are doing fine. He said we should shoot it more and hewill polish the one tight ccylinder again this weekend