Ruger Scout shooters kindly step inside

Help Support Ruger Forum:

m657

Buckeye

Handled one the other day; just seem to like that design.

Been trying to bond with an EBR but just can't form any meaningful relationship with such creatures. Nothing against 'em, just haven't been able to develop any interest.

On the other hand, despite misgivings on the International carbine style, several years ago one in 308 came to me in a trade, and I can not put it down. Fits my needs, and my hand.

And since I don't want to rely on the sweetheart International for zombie patrol, I'm looking hard at the Scout.

Comments/opinions/live experience/secret stuff; pros & cons with the Scout 308 solicited.

mike-c

Single-Sixer
Greetings,
I want the stainless version that is currently offered over seas. It has a couple more inches of barel which is a plus as well. Can't help but wonder what new goodies will appear at the, 2012, shot show???
Mike 8)

bai78

Bearcat
I took it out this past Friday to sight in a new optic. It shot amazing at both the 50 & 100 yards. After sight in, it was consistently hitting the bullseye and first ring at 100 yards. It's capable of shooting better but my limitations did not let it do so.

All I can say is if it feels right than get it! I waited a while to get mine as I just couldn't bring myself to pay what the dealers were asking. Fortunately, my patience paid off & I got a BNIB GSR from Buds at my preset limit for that rifle.

bai78

Bearcat
I have the stock AICS, Ruger polymers, & the Alpha Industries magazines for my GSR. All fit snugly in the mag well and don't have any problems feeding.

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
The factory mag seems to feed just fine, just didn't think that there'd be that much play in it. Gonna pick up a couple of the poly mags and hope they fare a little better.

Also curious to know how it does with milsurp ammo. Have some battle packs left over from a few years ago.

I'd shoot it, but it's just so darn cold. Gotta wait till it gets back up in the 40's at least. ;)

Ditmo

Single-Sixer
I cracked open one of my SA battle packs because I hadn't reloaded any .308. I wanted to get to the range and sight this baby in. With the Burris scout scope mounted I was getting 3 to 3.5" groups at a 100 yards. I also had 10 rounds of Federal 180 grain powershock that I used to refine my zero. The powershock was just over an inch.

I haven't worked up any loads for this rifle yet, so if anybody has any suggestions I'm listening.

Latest posts