Ruger Rimfire Challange

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SD Handgunner

Bearcat
Monday I received my e mail confirmation pertaining to the registration I sent in on Friday for the Ruger Rimfire Challange to be held in St Cloud Minnesota on August 4th & 5th. I registrered for Noon on August 5th and my time slot is secured.

In case some of you do not know what the Ruger Rimfire Challange is all about, you can get some information at http://www.ruger.com/micros/rugerRimfire/index.html

You can also google Ruger Rimfire Challange and find a few videos on the subject.

It is basically a Steel Shooting Match designed for Rimfire Rifles and Handguns. The steel plates range in size from 6" up. Handgun courses of fire are basically from 10 to 20 yards while the Rifle courses of fire go out to 40 yards. This is a timed shooting event and your score is you time. Yes time is added for each missed plate (5 seconds if I remember right).

I have wanted to try one of these matches ever since I first heard about them. Now that my nephew lives within 30 miles of this range I just had to sign up. A couple members of our local indoor shooting range have also sent in registration forms as has my nephew.

The total round count given NO MISSES for the entire course is 240 rounds. One limitation is the magazines can only have 10 rounds in them reguardless of their capacity, which is sort of a moot point anyway considering this is a timed event and the more rounds a shooters shoots the more time it will take.

I am really looking forward to this match. For the record I will be shooting my Ruger MKII 5 1/2" Stainless Steel Bull Barrel with it's new Burris FastFire III Red Dot Sight for the Handgun Portion and my Custom Ruger 10/22 in the Archangel 556 Stock Kit for the Rifle Portion. I haven't decided what optic to use on the Rifle as yet but will probably either use my 1.5x4.5x32mm Bushnell Elite 3200 Firefly or buy a Red Dot for the 10/22.

Larry

gfw1985

Bearcat
I would like to find something like that close to get my youngest son into. Health prevents me from hunting anymore and need the quality time with him. Punching paper gets a little boring.

Hangfire

Bearcat
My 2 sons, brother and myself shot our first Ruger Rimfire challenge back in April down in Centerton Arkansas we had a blast. I wish there was another one close enough to attend. Have a great time.

m657

Buckeye
thanks for the link....my club started encouraging 22 long guns in the Steel Challenge matches about a year ago.

I'm finally getting interested in giving it a try....and wouldn't you know, the last 2 matches have been cancelled due to other club events....but "next month" look out....

Latest posts