Ruger repair/service turnaround time

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Boge

Single-Sixer
Greekshooter said:
Mine took about two weeks to respond and then another week to send back to me.

Another week to send back? How'd they ship it, by muletrain? :lol: :p :wink:

Greekshooter

Bearcat
They sent me a letter with the cost to repair and then I called them up and gave them a credit card number. It was shipped UPS and arrived about a week later.

there will be a time lap, as to the cost estmate, payment ( to go ahead) then having the actual work done...................plus if the "estimate" is done via 'mail' thats takes longer yet......phone call, and credit card is about the fastest, unless you KNOW the 'cost" from an earlier call, and "prepay" ( include check with the shipping in of the gun...)

butcherboy1985

Single-Sixer
rugerguy:

once i get the estimate i was going to call with credit info.

do you know if they always do the estimate/repair order # through the mail. or do they do email and phone also.

thanks agian for the helpful info.BB

Greekshooter

Bearcat
Great. I hope everything turns out great for you.
I have sent two MKIIs in the past 2 yrs and both were repaired and parts replaced to make them like new.
The most expensive part of the whole deal was the mailing costs!
We shoot our Rugers a lot.

butcherboy1985

Single-Sixer
greekshooter: once i find out what my charges will be ( if any) im planning to buy either a MK II or MK III probably the 22/45 but depends on budget at the time.

any one know of the prices for the following repairs/parts:
(gun being repaired: ruger single six OM blade front / drift rear sights.)

1.taller front sight blade ( gun shoots way high, very hard to adjust even after trying several brands/velocities of ammo)

or

drill/tapping for modern front sight

2. grip dowel

3. prawl spring and plunger.

4. 22mag cylinder fitted.

thanks for all the help
BB

butcherboy1985

Single-Sixer
update: i got my single six back from ruger. finally shot it this morning. surprisingly it is shooting lower ( even though they didnt replace the front sight) and the ejector lines up perfectly with the cylnders.

why would this make it shoot lower? anyone know? could it have been a timing issue?

thanks BB

snapon1973

Bearcat
little over two weeks i just got my srn9c back replaced 4 parts in it. gun works great now only problem they scratched my slide must have dropped it or somthing. its brand new gun too only 100 rounds through it when i shipped it to them. i should send it back but its going to be my ccw. probably going to get holster wear anyway.