Ruger Old model 45LC

Help Support Ruger Forum:

new*hampshire

Bearcat
Can anyone give me their best guess on a value of a ;
Ruger Old Model 45LC , NIB , with paperwork, wax paper, manuals ?
This is a long barrel, single cylinder, non-original shipper , three digit ?
I also have a factory letter signed by K. Pritula.

And. . . . .
Where can I store pictures for free to post on the Forum ?

Thanks for any info in advance. Ray .

contender

Ruger Guru
First, posting pictures is easy using imgur or other free photo hosting sites. You just have to use their form link to be able to post them here.
Next, condition, condition, condition. (This is where detailed pics help.)

The better the condition, the better the value. And you mention a shipper, yet not the box. Boxes add to value, as does the shipper, the papers etc. The letter from Ruger will give you a ship date & the model info. If your gun letters as a BKH-45, then the gun is correct. If there is an "X" after that, it's supposed to have the spare cylinder for 45 acp.

With all that, let's assume you have the box, and it has all the correct paperwork, and is in excellent shape. Then the value could be around $750. But, if the condition is off a bit, or the box is missing, or other things,, it can be detrimental to the value.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
You did mention NIB so I agree with contender's value in the box is numbered to the gun. I presume by NIB you mean no sign of a turn line on the cyl.

A short barrel would be a little more of course

Idiocyabounds

Bearcat
I think Contender is a bit off on his price estimate. These are getting hard to find and I just paid $850 for that exact model in a box with papers, but no wax paper inside. Gun is pristine 99-100%. And I thought it was a good, fair price for that gun. Others will probably pay more for this one.

street

Hunter
Per RENE "3 digit Old Model .45 LC" is listed at $1350.00. The box is listed at $170.00 the manual at $33.00 and the shipper is anyone's guess. There are more boxes out there then shippers, so it should be worth at least what the box is worth or maybe more. Of course the pucker factor will come into the final price. If this gun is NIB then it should be worth a premium.