ruger no1 in 22 hornet?????

Help Support Ruger Forum:

laudy

Bearcat
have a chance to bid on an upcoming auction. it is listed as a ruger no1 in 22hornet. Have not had a chance to view this as yet. Did ruger actually make a no 1 in a 22 hornet or is this a modified version of a no 1? thanks in advance

Pretty sure they did. I seem to remember seeing a dealer at a show in San Antonio years ago, who had several on his table, new in the boxes.

PAShooter

Single-Sixer
I saw one in a local gun shop about four years ago. It was part of a private collection of about a dozen #1's. If I remember correctly, the asking price was $900 in like new condition.

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
As others have indicated, they made the #3 in 22 Hornet and they made the 1B as a catalogued item as well. The uncatalogued 1A special run from the late 1980's is the rarest and most valuable. I am lucky enough to have all three.

Rockrat

Single-Sixer
I had a #1a in 22 hornet. Sold it way too cheap. Few made I found out later. Should have sold the Bee instead of the Hornet!!

loaded round

Hunter
I own a Ruger 1B in 22 Hornet and still have it with the original box. I bought it new some years ago, so I can assure you Ruger did make a #1 in 22 Hornet. I've heard several times that it is a rather rare chambering for the #1's but never tried to verify it since I'm not planning on selling mine.