Ruger needs to bring back the pc9 and pc40

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lloyd Smale

Blackhawk
or something similar to the old ones. I think theyd sell well today. Theres much more demand for tactical guns then there was when the pc's were first introduced. Something at a price point of around 4-500 bucks would sell well today. Id love to see one that took glock mags but I doubt that would happen. Even something that took the American handgun mags would work for me. Ive sent ruger a couple emails about this. Maybe if everyone interested would send them an email they might look harder at this. Pistol caliber rifles are a hoot to shoot and if you cast your own bullets there as cheap to shoot as 22lrs are today.

Won't happen, they were made to compliment law enforcement needs at the time and like the progression of black powder, cap-n-ball, center fire rifles etc., they'e form and function got left by the wayside when the AR platform arrived in the mid 60's. That's not to say I wouldn't love to have one except for the inherent weakness in the stock, they'd be a fun toy to mess around with.

And I've got both. I would like to see Ruger produce a pistol-caliber carbine again, but until then, I recently bought the Kel-Tec Sub-2000. It runs as flawlessly as my PC carbines, and a whole bunch more simple.

WAYNO.

I sure didn't see the problems. I've had 4 of these, and the triggers were no different than any military-issue rifle. For the uses this gun is designed for, I sure don't want a match trigger.

9x19

Hunter
Today, Ruger would probably do better making a pistol caliber AR15. There is a resurgence in the popularity of PCCs based on that platform.

Lloyd Smale

Blackhawk
ones I shot sure weren't match triggers but they were far from 12lb too. Probably closer to 7 or 8.
WAYNO said:
I sure didn't see the problems. I've had 4 of these, and the triggers were no different than any military-issue rifle. For the uses this gun is designed for, I sure don't want a match trigger.

mac66

Single-Sixer
The number of new shooters and generations have increased dramatically after the last 8 years. Millions of new gun owners have gotten into shooting primarily because of the political climate. Many bought Rugers which means Ruger gained a huge foothold with their pistols. A light weight carbine that uses Ruger mags is the next logical step.

The problem however is Ruger has changed their platform several times. They went from the P series to the SR series and now the American. If they would offer a uniform platform they might get it done.

DGW1949

Hunter
mac66 said:
The number of new shooters and generations have increased dramatically after the last 8 years. Millions of new gun owners have gotten into shooting primarily because of the political climate. Many bought Rugers which means Ruger gained a huge foothold with their pistols. A light weight carbine that uses Ruger mags is the next logical step.

The problem however is Ruger has changed their platform several times. They went from the P series to the SR series and now the American. If they would offer a uniform platform they might get it done.

I'm afraid that the "continuous improvement" aspect of the "Lean manufacturing model" which Ruger uses does not/will not allow for that...hence the constant barrage of "new 'n improved" offerings which we've seen over the past few years.
In other words, make 'em faster, cheaper, and more profitable is the new mantra... and whether or not their newest cheap-built gun takes the same mag as their previous cheap-built gun hasn't seemed to be a consideration since the days of the first cheap built PC9...which was how many years (and mag designs) ago?...

DGW

I think you hit the nail on the head... that's the major reason I don't like all these new pistols... different magazines changing every year or so.... give me the old P-series... I'm surprised they have not changed out the 10/22. They seem to be geared toward selling to the single gun buyer.

altajava

Bearcat
blume357 said:
I think you hit the nail on the head... that's the major reason I don't like all these new pistols... different magazines changing every year or so.... give me the old P-series... I'm surprised they have not changed out the 10/22. They seem to be geared toward selling to the single gun buyer.

If they were geared to the single buyer I'd have a PC45 and a PC10

mpalm

Single-Sixer
I like that kel tec and hi point and beretta are still making pistol carbines.
Dont see Ruger going back down that road. I think they lost a lot of money on the PC9/PC4 over the 10 years they made them, they didnt sell many and didnt make many either.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I could see the PC carbines being very popular in NY, CA, etc. if Ruger brought them back. Those poor bastards stuck behind the Iron Curtain don't have many options and, as I understand it, the PC's would be legal there.