Ruger MKII Value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mag318

Bearcat
A local shop has a NIB older Ruger MKII Anniversary Model for $330, is this a good price? I had them hold it for me for a couple days so I can research ther value. It comes complete in a red plastic box with all the papers and was made in 1999.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
I agree. Even though that's more than one costs now new (if you can find one in the crazy days), the MKII gets better prices (shouldn't IMO) and I've seen plenty non-new looking MKII's without the extras like box and docs for $400 or more. Cannot verify if they sold or not....just talking asking price. If it's nice and what you want, pick it up.

Baldy

Single-Sixer
That's the same price of a MK-III around here. So I would just make up my mind which one I wanted and buy one. They are both Rugers so you can't go wrong. It's just a matter of the features on each pistol... :)

mag318

Bearcat
I bought the Anniversary Mark II today after researching it. The pistol is new in the box and has all the accessories. The bluing on this one is seems nicer than on other Mark IIs I've seen and I like the fact that is has a stainless steel bolt. Now I look forward to my 1'st range session with it.

welldoya

Single-Sixer
mag318 said:
A local shop has a NIB older Ruger MKII Anniversary Model for $330, is this a good price? I had them hold it for me for a couple days so I can research ther value. It comes complete in a red plastic box with all the papers and was made in 1999.

You asked them to hold it while you looked around and they said "OK ?"
Very understanding gun shop you have there. Or did you put down a non-refundable deposit ?
You got a fair deal at $330.

mag318

Bearcat
Yes I asked them to hold it (no deposit) for a few days and they did. I buy a lot of guns from this dealer and since they know me they are extremely accomodating. Since moving from a big city to a small town 11 years ago I've found these small town shops to bend over backwards to treat their customers right. Now all I need is some warm weather so I can take this new old Ruger to the range.

Bearcat

Blackhawk
mag318 said:
I bought the Anniversary Mark II today after researching it. The pistol is new in the box and has all the accessories. The bluing on this one is seems nicer than on other Mark IIs I've seen and I like the fact that is has a stainless steel bolt. Now I look forward to my 1'st range session with it.

Good deal.....You will love this pistol....and it will last you a lifetime!