Ruger MK IV Target 10"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wvjoetc

Single-Sixer
I saw today one of our local shops has a blued MK IV Target 10" barrel in stock and priced at 480 plus tax, actually the price sounds reasonable. I looked on the Ruger website and they make a Stainless model also. Anyone have one of the blue or stainless models they would like to share information on? I'll bet it will be a shooter.

dad45

Single-Sixer
I have the stainless version that I put a scope on. I have not had any time to work with it yet other than a few shots on a windy day but I have high hopes. I have a blued MKII version that I purchased a couple years ago from another forum member and it has been just great. They are long and heavy as I'm sure you've guessed so good offhand shooting will take some practice

06dilly

Single-Sixer
I have the blued one. Range is shut down with Covid so no chance to shoot it yet but I did make a short YouTube video on it. You can see it on my fledgling channnel, TomD Gunnery. I also show a few of my Mark II's on there. Let me know if you have any trouble finding it.

Really well done gun but then I love all Ruger Mark pistols. The push button takedown is awesome.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Tom,
I really enjoyed the video. Well done and really liked the show of the magazines and articles. That 1950 standard was awesome. Good job.

Here is my Stainless model, but I now have a 2x7-32 scope on it. Mine has all Volquartsen innards in it, even the firing pin is coming in the mail today. All my Ruger Mark series get the Volquartsen. They all have the Ruger Target grips also that are not shown in this picture. Need to get some new pictures of it.

wvjoetc

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the comments and picture, I would like to have the stainless model but at this time the blued model is the only one available.

Wait for it! You will probably be unsatisfied with the blue one eventually if you really want a stainless model. One notable difference, other than finish and material, is the blue model has an aluminum frame while the stainless model has a stainless steel frame. Could be good or bad depending how you feel about weight.

Tallbald

Buckeye
Off topic but I too have a love of the 10 inch version Mark series. Mine though is a stainless 1986ish model I bought new for $225. Years ago I had mine drilled and tapped and mounted on it a Weaver 2X pistol scope. From a sandbag rest my beautiful Ruger 10 inch Mark2 consistently shoots slightly under 1 inch, 5 shot groups at 50 measured yards with CCI Minimag hollow points. I have fun ranging and breaking clay birds at the 100 and 150 yard range with this gun. I was pleased to see that the 10 inch version is once again being offered.
I read an article online 15 years ago that detailed how to turn the 10 inch Ruger into a top notch squirrel gun with a bead blasted finish and a bead front sight.
Anyone I think would have great fun with the 10 inch Ruger in their stable! Quite honestly, mine shoots like a hand held rifle. Would be great to have a forearm brace for the 10 inch made available.
Don

JStacy

Blackhawk
I have a blue MKII 10" that I shot in standing , open sight class in silhouette in the 80's. The gun had a lot of rounds through it but still will shoot 3-4" groups from a sand bag rest at 100 yards. The 10" are long nosed and heavy but shoot like a rifle if you take the time to get to know them !