Ruger MK II KMK678GC Price Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ranger1

Buckeye
I found an unfired, MK II Government Competition Target Model at a local pawn shop today, including box, papers, scope rings, 2mags and scope base.

He is asking $425+tax. Any opinions/comments on the pistol and price would be appreciated. (I haven't' done any haggling yet) :)

Thanks in advance!

pop_wm_2474231.jpg

1gunsnotenough said:
$425.00 is a good price for NIB. I see NIB selling in the $500.00 + range. Used ones generally sell around $400.00

+1.

1gungunsnotenough and Aggie are the MKII kings around here, so they'd know value...

For haggling purposes: it looks like it's missing the colored inspection sticker that is usually on the gun when new. It's usually on the left side of the grip frame, ahead of the trigger pivot, IRRC.

I think without that sticker, it must be "used." It can't be more than a $400 gun. That's my negotiating tactic, and I'm stickin' to it.. 8)

Good luck!

carsinc

Bearcat
Two months ago I purchased the exact same MK II, in box, 2 mags, rings, manual for $350. The shop had it at a gun show for $400 and no buyers. The following week, at the shop I offered $325 and we settled on $350. I have found pawn shops, especially if they don't deal in a very large number of guns, more difficult to haggle with on price.

Latest posts