Ruger Mini madness

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SHOOTER

Buckeye
So I've been looking for a Mini30 tactical and a Mini 14 Talo Circassian wood for a while. Now we know what these models USE TO go for. Well have you guys seen the prices gouging on these since the tragedy out east!?

Mini 30's $1400 and up
There' is a Talo mini14 up on GB for $1200!

Really!
C'mon ..... That's madness.

SHOOTER

Buckeye
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=323801276

Mini30 sold for $2500!

And it was Used!

south_ridge

Single-Sixer
I have a mini-14 that I really like. If I had two, I would have sold one of them this week. I've seen a lot of them go for $1300+, which is pretty crazy.

I have a few guns on my wish list, such as an FN-made Browning Safari bolt action rifle from the 60's. A couple of times this week the thought crossed my mind to sell the mini and use the funds for the old Browning, but I think I will always want a mini and am a bit concerned that I wont be able to buy one in a year or two.

SR

mrbumps

Blackhawk
I can't believe people are paying these prices for guns and even Mags! I have two Mini-14 Tacticals (one with Circassian Walnut, and one regular synthetic stock) and offered the synthetic one to a friend of mine a couple months ago for $600, which he accepted. I now remind him of what a great deal he got! Two months ago I purchased a Sig 556R, which fires the 7.62x39 and uses AK Mags. I paid just under $1100 with tax, and one just sold on Gunbroker for $2405. I am so tempted to sell, but it would be under the assumption that I could purchase similar replacements later at "normal" prices, and who knows if that will be possible?

SHOOTER

Buckeye
My concern is that no matter what we own the impending AWB will make everything a Class3 weapon!

gfw1985

Bearcat
For once, I did all my shopping before it got bad. Bought everything I wanted back in the spring/early summer. Paid $689 for my stainless Hogue stocked Mini-14.

DDDWho

Bearcat
gfw1985 said:
For once, I did all my shopping before it got bad. Bought everything I wanted back in the spring/early summer. Paid $689 for my stainless Hogue stocked Mini-14.

I did the same, barely, post election, pre Newtown. I paid a decent retail for a Mini (I had one back in the early 80s that I wish I had back) plus 20 & 30 round mags. All of the items I bought are now nearly unavailable and if you can find them you'll pay thru the nose.