Ruger Mini 14 Oklahoma State Highway Patrol

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Buck7144

Bearcat
That may be, my connection is with a lieutenant on the lake patrol. He was issued the rifle but his was select fire. From what he told me then most of the rifles were standard law enforcement semi auto but a few were semi, 3 shot burst and full auto. Saw a you tube video on the full auto that was exported, Forgotten Weapons.

This officer was issued a airboat, ski boat and cabin cruiser. We had problems with go fast boats on the lake so he took off and came back pulling a confiscated drug boat from Florida, and put a stop to the go fast boat problem. Back then, you fixed problems instead of whining about them and he was one if the best! Those guys had unbelievable authority that did not stop at borders. He worked a lot with the Texas Rangers on interstate problems.

Those were good times!

In the 80s Oregon State Police had them in the governor's protection detail. Full stocked Mini-14s were used in the state prisons on the wall detail.

jbm

Bearcat
Very interesting! I am extremely pleased to have the rifle and the connection to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol!

Latest posts