Ruger mark 4 22/45 lite rattling?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tmartin89

Bearcat
I just picked up a brand new Mark 4 lite from my local gun store. After taking it out of the box I noticed it has a rattle. Whether the magazine is in or out, safety on or off it will still have this rattle. Its hard to tell when it is coming from as I've tried to hold certain parts but it still rattles. Has anyone else had this happen? is it normal?

Thanks.

The little metal thingie that connects the trigger to the sear(sear bar??) on a couple of my 22/45's makes a noise if shaken. No big deal. Try holding back on the trigger while shaking the pistol and see if the sound is gone.

tmartin89

Bearcat
It looks like its a little chrome washer on that bar. I've put about 300 rounds through the gun and it doesn't seem to affect it.

wfm

Bearcat
I picked up a new 22/45 lite yesterday, it rattles, what is rattling on mine is the slide lock back. It's loose and rattles pretty good. I called Ruger and the rep. told me they all did. A little surprised that it is designed that way.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
The metal grip frame Ruger Mark IV pistols have a tiny rubber "buffer" installed in the front end of the grip frame. I call it a buffer for lack of a better term. It doesn't show up in the parts schematic involved with the manual I received with my Mark IV Competition Target, so the part number is a mystery:

NsKVWiEl.jpg

I've been working with various materials with a bit harder durometer reading to see what works best without self destruction like the one did above. I do have a couple of owners doing BETA testing on some prototype gizmos I made. They do seem to tighten things up a bit.
For some reason, only known to the wizards at Ruger, nothing even similar is included with the Mark IV 22/45 version grip frames. Most likely why they rattle.
Yes, I know that Majestic Arms was making a product called the "Locking Vault" to replace that assembly in the metal frame pistols, but since Dino passed away, they are on back order. Apparently he was the one who made those parts on his CNC machinery.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Volquartsen sells a thing called a Bedding Gel pad that is designed to solve the problem described. I've not tried it so can't offer an opinion

https://volquartsen.com/inventory_configurations/1469

Achigan

Single-Sixer
IIRC I read that the polymer frame of the mk4 lites are made to give just a bit when the upper/barrel is latched down into place. This negates the need for the little bumper with the tiny ball inside. After mine wore out in my Hunter, I went the weed eater gas line route and it has worked just fine.