Ruger Manuals Straight from the Factory

Help Support Ruger Forum:

milgunsguy

Bearcat
Time was, all you had to do was to request a gun manual and Ruger would send it free.

Is this still the case with the company's new ownership?

BlkHawk73

Hunter
You know, the cheesy corporate folks who bring us ever-more the use of plywood and black plastic.

You mean the stuff that's selling? If the nicer wood and non-plastic stuff was selling so great, they'd still be cataloged. Provide what sells - it what manufacturers do. Ppl want Rolls Royce for Kia prices. Doesn't work that way.

street

Hunter
Yea it looks as if you can make the plastic stuff dirt cheap and convince the new buying public that this is the "in thing" and charge 3 times the price that you should. Good for the stockholders.

You mean the cheesy corporate types that have the option of anyone contacting the CEO? The same cheesy folks who in the last few years listened to their customers and distributors and brought out stuff like mid framed sized 44 Specials and 45 Colts and even 5 shot 454 and 480 Bisley in now two different barrel lengths? Doesn't sound too cheesy to me.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
no, no Robb, not those cheesy corporate types, the ones that have brought Ruger up to being the top producer of firearms in the country. The cheesy corporate types that increased their catalog and production so much, they needed an additional manufacturing facility and have seen the company stock prices grow. Let's see...increased production, made $$$...THAT is cheesy. ;)

RD18

Single-Sixer
I know quite a few of the management folks at Ruger and they are some of the best and nicest people in the industry. Russ

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
street said:
Yea it looks as if you can make the plastic stuff dirt cheap and convince the new buying public that this is the "in thing" and charge 3 times the price that you should. Good for the stockholders.
Yup. It's called "marketing". convince the public it's the greatest thing ever invented (sometimes it really is), then drop the really nice stuff. Nicely polished steel and walnut are getting expensive. Convince the customer this new stuff is better. All companies are doing it.

eveled

Hawkeye
Back to the OP, I was under the impression that it was somehow required legally that they provide manuals upon request.

Now I'm not sure if an actual law, or just a liability thing.

AFAIK, most if not all gun company's supply manuals free upon request. Of course in today's world a downloaded copy may suffice.