Ruger LCR, just purchased

Help Support Ruger Forum:

nicktulloh

Bearcat
If you read the FAQ section on the Ruger website they do address the rattle and do say that it's normal.

I'm not worried about it but none of my other Rugers with transfer bars rattle at all. Weird.

TYFOON

Bearcat
Rattle? Didn't bother me at first, now it bugs me when its in my pocket and rattles around people.

I still love it.

Tslepebull

Single-Sixer
Maybe LCR stands for Lousy Constant Rattle! No actually mine does it too. It is a small price to pay for an excellent trigger on a J-frame size revolver. Besides, if anyone hears it in your pocket they will just think it is change.

Knuckles

Buckeye
Like many Rugers... I didn't like it at first glance, but I know I'll get one sooner or later.

Bud (knuckles)

Knuckles

Buckeye
Awe!... don't be too hard on him stoots... some of the forum members are egg-heads, and some of us are just lazy... good to set the record straight, but I get a little spooked when members start digging up posting history.

You were however completely in the right to do so... I ain't try'n to rebuke you at all.
Bud (knuckles) :wink:

Stoots

Buckeye
knuckles":16qvgw3m said:
Awe!... don't be too hard on him stoots... some of the forum members are egg-heads, and some of us are just lazy... good to set the record straight, but I get a little spooked when members start digging up posting history.

You were however completely in the right to do so... I ain't try'n to rebuke you at all.

Yeah, you're right Bud. Deleted.

No digging, though, I just have a really good memory and recall reading that thread. Thought it was ironic!

:wink:

Knuckles

Buckeye
Stoots":133tj6bv said:
knuckles":133tj6bv said:

Yeah, you're right Bud. Deleted.

No digging, though, I just have a really good memory and recall reading that thread. Thought it was ironic!

:wink:

Not me... sometimes I can't remember what was said 5 minutes prior... things are just a bit slow for me to remember in my often slumbering, musician brain.

We all have it coming someday. :lol:

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
Bought 2 of em, wife is 102 lbs and she can shoot lights out at 25 feet(length of longest hall in our house). She is awesome with a handgun, she can shoot my .45 just as good as the LCR. We have about 500 rds through them with no issues at all.

RUGERFAN357

Bearcat
I am glad to hear possitive comments on the LCR. I am considering trading in my Taurus 850 for one. Reading this makes me want to go today. But I have to wait till my SSD comes in.

Bill

bjec1248

Bearcat
I bought 1 & made the mistake of letting my wife shoot it, so I had to buy her 1 too. they both rattle, as does my sp101, but i don't care.

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
So, what is the story guys on this LCR?

I spoke with a guy tonight at a local gunshop who said that there has been issues with the pin coming out that holds the cylinder arm on, thus making it fall out.

Anyone had a similar occurrence or issue?

cpallenjr

Bearcat
I have an LCR and have not experienced any problems. I have not heard or read of this particular one either. Smith and Wesson losing too many sales?

DPris

Buckeye
5300 rounds through a test sample here, no idea which pin you're refering to, but nothing came out or fell off.
Denis

A

Anonymous

Hey everyone, just picked up m LCR yesterday! Put 50 of blazer, remington, plus 5 white box +p through it, and I'm very happy with my purchase.

Is there anything I can do to lessen or stop the rattle? I've read that it's perfectly fine, but it wouild be nice if I could fix it.

Be safe and have fun!

DPris

Buckeye
NO.
It's normal, just live with it. Not a matter of "fixing" anything, nothing's broken.
If you try to dink around with it, you'll end up screwing something up. That transfer bar has to move freely, leave it alone.
Denis

Knuckles

Buckeye
DPris":39byaaow said:
NO.
It's normal, just live with it. Not a matter of "fixing" anything, nothing's broken.
If you try to dink around with it, you'll end up screwing something up. That transfer bar has to move freely, leave it alone.
Denis

He's right! :wink:

Wild Bill '67

Single-Sixer
USMCXD":qc4idkj8 said:
So, what is the story guys on this LCR?

I spoke with a guy tonight at a local gunshop who said that there has been issues with the pin coming out that holds the cylinder arm on, thus making it fall out.

Anyone had a similar occurrence or issue?

Haven't heard about that. I usually follow trade bulletins and several other firearms / defense forums. May just be someone blowing off about some annonymous claim. So far, all the people I personally know who have bought the LCR love 'em. WAY better DA trigger than a S&W J frame. And I am a HUGE S&W fan, at least as it concerns their 70s and earlier revolvers.

Slanteyedshootist

Single-Sixer
Nobody can hear the rattle over the creak and pop of my old bones so I don't worry about it. But, you sure can hear the BANG!

Cordite

Single-Sixer
>> I was wondering how is the recoil impulse on the LCR?

I have the standard Hogue (non laser) grips on my LCR. They do a fine job of soaking up recoil. A S&W J frame with wooden grips I shot recently had a much sharper recoil impulse IMHO. Made the LCR choice easy (along with the excellent LCR trigger).

Cordite