Ruger LCR, just purchased

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RugerLCR

Bearcat
Just purchased my first Ruger this morning, a Ruger LCR (hence my username) and am excited to get to the range and try it out. I've dry fired it a few times here at home and like the control I have so far.

I have noticed that something seems a little loose inside. I shake it and I hear a slight clinking noise. I haven't disassembled it yet. Anybody else familiar with it? I might head down to the shop where I purchased tomorrow and see if their display model makes the same noise.

Looking forward to posting!

BigJ71

Single-Sixer
welcome to the forum.

While I don't have an LCR I do remember a post or two about the rattling sound and I believe it's perfectly normal. I'm sure someone with more info on it will chime in though.

Congrats on the new gun!

RugerLCR

Bearcat
Awesome guys, thanks! I'm excited to hit the range as this is only my second handgun. Yep, I'm a newbie owner. My other is a Taurus PT-25 which was a gift.

I've seen a number of positive reviews on YouTube for this model (the LCR) and only one negative one. But he was a reloader and was experiencing flame cutting.

jpb in me

Single-Sixer
Silent sam.. the transfer bar is a safety bar between the hammer and firing pin that prevents the hammer from accidentally striking the firing pin when the hammer is not pulled all the way to the rear.

TYFOON

Bearcat
I just shot mine for the first time on Sunday. Put 50 rounds of 158 Gr Magtech LRN. What a shooter! Love it!

Foon

RugerLCR

Bearcat
TYFOON":17pipgyj said:
I just shot mine for the first time on Sunday. Put 50 rounds of 158 Gr Magtech LRN. What a shooter! Love it!

Foon
When I bought this morning, I also picked up the Magtech 158 gr. FMC FLAT. Not knowing much about ammo, is this different than what you used?

RugerLCR

Bearcat
jpb in me":lm00uj23 said:
you sure it isn't fwc ammo?
Here's what I bought.
4424818176_c535a010d9_b.jpg
[/img]

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
jpb - I know what the transfer bar is. The '?' was for the OP. I think I posted at near the same time as the two previous posts. No one had answered when I started. Guess I'm a slow poster...

jpr9954

Bearcat
I just shot my new LCR for the first time this morning. I like it. I'm also glad that I wasn't shooting a snubby in .357 Mag!

I used Remington 130 grain MC which I believe is a full metal jacket. I'm anxious to try it with wadcutters and semi-wadcutters.

I had the same question about the rattling sound as the original poster. I'm glad it is normal as I didn't want to have to send it back to Ruger.

Ziggy

Bearcat
You gentlemen have to read your owners manual ~ it states right on page 11 that "Due to necessary "play" in the transfer bar, a shooter will somtines hear the transfer bar "rattle" when the revolver is shaken. This is completely normal in the LCR". :roll:

rich642z

Single-Sixer
I bought one today along with a Ruger Security Six 3 inch ADJ. sights and I put them on layaway but I will be selling my 2 glock 9 mms,one a 19 the other a 26 both 3rd gens. I love revolvers better espcially RUGERS. rich642z 8)

RugerLCR

Bearcat
Ziggy":4isiq1nu said:
You gentlemen have to read your owners manual ~ it states right on page 11 that "Due to necessary "play" in the transfer bar, a shooter will somtines hear the transfer bar "rattle" when the revolver is shaken. This is completely normal in the LCR". :roll:
Thanks. I did browse every page of the manual but didn't read everything. You've got me there.

ewayte

Bearcat
Ziggy":2h6xfefn said:

I was at the gun store this past Friday night picking up a .44 Special Bisley, when one of the staff took a call about the LCR rattle. They actually opened the display case, took one out and shook it so the caller could hear that "yes, they all do that."