Ruger LCP II 22lr info

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I really like mine and if has been completely reliable as long as I use quality high velocity ammo.
20230505_084147.jpg
20230204_084757.jpg

I liked the first one I bought so much I bought another one. First one had a misfeed on the first magazine full I fired, but never a bobble after that. The second one has never jammed. I use CCI Minimag .22LR ammo in them and keep them clean and lubed.

rick42

Bearcat
I liked the first one I bought so much I bought another one. First one had a misfeed on the first magazine full I fired, but never a bobble after that. The second one has never jammed. I use CCI Minimag .22LR ammo in them and keep them clean and lubed.
Thanks for the reply. I think you are right about keeping them clean and lubed. Especially with that small of caliber. What kind of lube do you use ?

My LCP II .22 works very well, and is surprisingly accurate. I use one drop of lube, any kind, on a toothbrush, brush the gun with it inside and out, wipe off the excess, scrub the bore, and that is all. I am a minimalist.

9x19

Hunter
I also bought a pair of them and have no complaints about either one. My only nit to pick is the thumb safety, I would be just fine if it didn't have one, as I don't ever use it... I've been a Glock shooter for too many years to start using a thumb safety again.

Last edited:

buzzm

Bearcat
I purchased my LCP II in October of 2022. It is my first and only pistol to date. I also purchased a ArmaLaser TR12 Designed to fit Ruger LCP II - it is a Red Laser Sight with Grip Activation which I highly recommend.
I enjoy shooting at the local range and have had no issues other than an occasional mis-load from the magazine.
I buy my amo at Walmart - usually Federal AutoMatch - 40grain - LRN - currently at $0.07 a round.
Enjoy....

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Mine just hit 4150 rounds through it with a tiny amount of malfunctions. Would have to check my notes but only a fraction of 1%. Great gun that runs just fine on bulk Federal and Winchester, haven't tried any Remington.

Highly recommend it.

Welcome. This one of my absolute favorites. Very light, virtually no recoil, super light rack, once you lock on target it stays there. Caveat. Use quality high velocity ammo. The ONLY time I have had a misfire was when I tried subsonic rounds. My favorite ammo for this is CCI Stinger, and Aguila Super Extra works just as well.

The criticism of the thumb safety is valid. I can't take it off safe without using my off hand, so I don't use the safety.
I carry my LCP .22 in a pocket holster that covers the trigger, and keep nothing else in that pocket.

rick42

Bearcat
Well I purchased one yesterday. Havent got a chance to mess with it yet. I like the way it looks and feels. We will see. Thanks for all your replies. Keep any info coming.

fas111

Bearcat
I love mine. Had some feeding issues when I first got it. Called Ruger and they sent me a new mag. and no issues since.

rick42

Bearcat
Yeah , I was having a feed issue myself. narrowed it down to a new mag I purchased from Academy when I bought the gun. They replaced it , and the new mag is feeding perfect.

Latest posts