Ruger LC9S Slide Lock or release?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I just saw this post below on another forum. Like the poster I also cannot use the Lock as a release (do not want to).
So just curious what owners here have to say.

I have had two LC9S Pistols. And both I have never been able to use the slide lock to release the slide. The manual say's it is a "SLIDE LOCK" and shows the proper way of releasing the slide which is pulling back the slide and releasing it. Now the poster on the forum that made the video comes right out and say's anyone that saying it is not a slide release and you use it like a slide release is a ****.
Ok, look at the video and let us know what your think. I notice that he is not doing this very smoothy. I am wondering if he did some filing down to accomplish this. He also very obviously cut off all comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndUVeTZkhNI&feature=youtu.be

Here is the manual which also says clearly it is a slide Lock not release. Actually they call it a slide hold open as well.

8cINNFr.jpg

On mine you would have to file and smooth the back part of the lock to possible be able to make it move down with your thumb... and so my impression is it is a lock only... the way to chamber a round with the slide locked back is to pull it back and let it go.

I have an LC9s Pro (and love it) and would never try to use the slide lock (or slide hold back) to release the slide - too damn hard the thumb and you have to fumble around to get it to do what you want - just not worth the hassle. To have it work as a slide release, as Blume said, you would have to do a lot of work on it and then is it going to function the way it was designed? Chambering a round by using the tried and true slingshot method is, for me, the easier way to do it.

Yes, competitors probably have their guns set up to do the slide lock release but those are specialized guns and by doing that their grip never has to change, which means faster times and possibly better scores, but that is the nature of competition.

The LC9S video really shows you the nonsense that you can find on Youtubes and the internet. I would love for this guy to allow comments. Obviously that is why he turned them off. Bad thing is, the gun is a really nice gun and people that are new going out to purchase this gun are giving some really bad advice. They see lie's like this, then they get frustrated that theirs does not do this and then a call to Ruger with a frivolously complaint. And even maybe ruining their own gun forcing it to do release the slide like a slide release. Shameful.

unionprez

Single-Sixer
I have a LC9s and more than a few other semi-autos and I don't or would not use the slide lock for anything but clearing a ftf or fte.

unionprez

Single-Sixer
I have a LC9s and more than a few other semi-autos and I don't or would not use the slide lock for anything but clearing a ftf or fte.