Ruger Competition Target Mk III scope mount plug screws

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dach Savage

Bearcat
Hi All,
I recently gifted a good friend my Ruger Competition Target MK II pistol and he did not want the scope or Ruger factory mounts. He is an older fellow and could not adapt to the LER setup so I removed the scope and mounts and could not find the OEM screws that I thought I had saved so long ago. I called up Ruger and ordered the correct SS 3 screws and they promptly sent them out. Unfortunately due to a mis-communication they sent me 2 blued screws for a MK III which I have no use for so I have decided to gift them forward. If someone here needs this pair of lovely blued plug screws PM me and give me a mailing address I will drop them in an envelope and mail them out, gratis. Just want them to go to a good home. Obviously first come first served, only this one pair to give away. Dach. **Update, screws have been spoken for.** Dach.

Last edited:

contender

Ruger Guru
Howdy!
I almost forgot that I have a MK that was missing screws. I have a set of "non-factory" screws in the gun right now,,, that protrude above the receiver a little bit.
These things would solve that issue.

PM to follow.

Ruger has as many as you could want on shopruger.com, blue or stainless steel. Look under 10/22. They're all the same. I always order some anytime I order anything from Ruger. I also never ask them to give me anything I can order and pay for. Seem only fair to me.

contender

Ruger Guru
You are correct HSG. I got my MKIII long ago, and just put in screws I already had. Never worried much about it,, as it's a shooter gun.

And the OP did mention he ordered the screws. I didn't see anywhere saying he got them for free from Ruger.