Ruger Bisley Magnum cylinder

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weemsf

Single-Sixer
Can I purchase a 22 WMR cylinder from Ruger for my Bisley or do I need to send the gun to Ruger and have a cylinder fitted?

G2

Hunter
IF your gun was originally made with 22WMR cylinder, you can send it to Ruger and they will sell and fit one.

No they will not just sell a cylinder, best place for that is; Place a WTB here in the Classifieds -or- EBay.

Even if Ruger will do the Cylinder, it is most the time the most expensive way to go, considering the shipping.

Im going to say MOST Bisleys we're not made as convertible, and I have never seen a Bisley roll marked Magnum Cylinder.

Keep in mind a 22lr cylinder can be reamed to Magnum.

I aquired a 22 magnum cylinder that is stainless and used it in my Bisley Single Six for years, recently found a Blued cylinder for it and now going to use the Stainless Magnum Cylinder on a Stainless Bisley that Im changing the Barrel out to a 10/22 barrel, cutting it to 10.5"

lots of options…:)

this recent thread has some more info that might be of interest…

Last edited:

weemsf

Single-Sixer
Ruger customer service finally responded to my request. They stated the cylinder needs to be fitted. They are not taking in any new work and said try again in August.

IF your gun was originally made with 22WMR cylinder, you can send it to Ruger and they will sell and fit one.

No they will not just sell a cylinder, best place for that is; Place a WTB here in the Classifieds -or- EBay.

Even if Ruger will do the Cylinder, it is most the time the most expensive way to go, considering the shipping.

Im going to say MOST Bisleys we're not made as convertible, and I have never seen a Bisley roll marked Magnum Cylinder.

Keep in mind a 22lr cylinder can be reamed to Magnum.

I aquired a 22 magnum cylinder that is stainless and used it in my Bisley Single Six for years, recently found a Blued cylinder for it and now going to use the Stainless Magnum Cylinder on a Stainless Bisley that Im changing the Barrel out to a 10/22 barrel, cutting it to 10.5"

lots of options…:)

this recent thread has some more info that might be of interest…

Buntline Bisley, that has a good image in my mind. Pictures, please. That be awesome !