Ruger AR556 Bayonet Adapter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rab1944

Bearcat
Hey Everybody!

Has anybody found a bayonet lug adapter with a picatinny rail? They're not hard to find but I can't find any that fit an AR556. Thanks for any help!

hittman

Staff member
Don't know the answer for you but ...... welcome to the Forum.

richboise

Bearcat
Look here

http://www.triple-r-products.com/

I just ordered one from them. My new AR-556 came with the standard size bayonet lug, so there was no need to order the AR-556 model with the oversized lug.

Rich

rab1944

Bearcat
thanks so much! is there a way to tell if you have a regular or oversized? This is my first AR. Thanks!

richboise

Bearcat
If your bayonet attaches to the Ruger AR-556 lug, you have the standard size. If not, then you need the special one just for the Ruger.

Rich

richboise

Bearcat
Correction to the above post.
The standard size lug extension will not fit properly because it is the channels cut into the sides of the bayonet lug of the AR-556 that are "oversized". When the standard extension is tightened, the tip rises and presses into the barrel caused by the play in the lug. Had to give this extension (AR15EXT004) to my son for his Bushmaster, and just ordered the proper one (AR15EXT006) from Triple R Products.

Rich

ant256

Bearcat
Hello,

Does anyone know which AR-556s have the over-size bayonet lug? Is this a new thing for this model or was it just certain ones?

I know I'm responding late. I found this thread in a Google search.

Also, to answer the OP's original question. There is a rail mounted bayonet lug available here.

https://www.apgdefense.com/product-page/universal-bayonet-mount