Ruger American Magazine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

daddyflea

Bearcat
Where can I buy a larger Magazine for a Ruger American in 308. I would even settle for another 3 round at this point. Mine only holds 3 rounds. I believe mine is a Predator Model with a Threaded 16" Barrel.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I don't know of any aftermarket magazines for the American rifles in 308. If memory serves, my 308 predator held 4 in the magazine. Bob!! 8)

mac66

Single-Sixer
Ruger shows all their Americans in 308 with 4 round mags that are unique to their rifle. You can order them from Ruger.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
The Ruger Precision Rifle uses AICS pattern magazines and they are available in 10-round form. Since the PR is based on the American action I wonder if its bottom metal could be adapted to a regular American stock and short action.

A couple of versions of the American Ranch Rifle also use detachable larger capacity magazines but they aren't in .308 or it's relatives.

huntsman22

Blackhawk
22/45 Fan said:
The Ruger Precision Rifle uses AICS pattern magazines. I wonder if its bottom metal could be adapted to a regular American stock and short action.

The RPR has a chassis. there is no 'bottom metal' other than the whole shebang. But yeah..... That's the beauty of it. You get rid of that cheezy American plastic POS stock AND those cheepazz mags, all in one fell swoop......

22/45 Fan

Hunter
huntsman22 said:
22/45 Fan said:
The RPR has a chassis. there is no 'bottom metal' other than the whole shebang. But yeah..... That's the beauty of it. You get rid of that cheezy American plastic POS stock AND those cheepazz mags, all in one fell swoop......
That's all true but the downside is that installing a chassis will double the cost of the rifle.

teuthis

Single-Sixer
I see no cheapness or quality issues with the stock on my Ruger American. I like it for the lightness. I would not call it "cheesy." One reason I bought it because of the stock. I have similar stocks on my Scout Rifle and Mini-14. They are all excellent rifles. Just enjoy them or get something else.

Latest posts