Ruger 22 Bisley

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bisley Bud

Bearcat
After reading about that stainless steel 22lr bisley that sold on Gun Broker; got me to thinking and wondering. Acusport commisioned Ruger to build stainless steel 5 1/2" bisleys in 45colt, 44 magnum, 41 magnum and 357 magnum. Williams commissioned the 45colt/45acp. Lipsey's has the 44 special bisleys, although blued.

Did/should A distributor commission a single six 22lr 5 1/2" stainless steel bisley to complete the series?

Is anyone with some influence at these distributors reading this?

chet15

Hawkeye
Not sure how popular that would be. Ruger did a run of 4-5/8" fixed sight Bisley Single-Sixes and these seemed to sell OK, but then there haven't been any additional quantities built of that either.
Ruger never did come out with a stainless Bisley Single-Six in regular production, and in fact the last blue model finally bit the dust a few years ago.
Just not sure about that one.
Chet15

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
I would very likely buy a 5.5-inch Single Six 22lr convertable in a Bisley dress...

I would be on the phone already to order a Single Six Bisley Hunter however! Same feal as the big boys in cheep to shoot 22lr, I just need to build my own!

CraigC

Hawkeye
I would've been REALLY tempted on the 4 5/8" that just went at auction but wouldn't have paid the high tariff for it. Not if I'm just gonna shoot it. No love for a 5½" but I'd love a 4 5/8"!

JSam

Bearcat
All this business about the Single-Six Bisley is quite a coincidence. I haven't visited the forum for a few days until just now.
I saw this little sweetie this morning for sale in our local online classifieds. First one I'd ever seen or heard of, so I grabbed it. I figured it could be a hot item. I just barely jumped on the forum to see what I could find out. Needless to say, I'm pleased with my purchase.

SingleSix22.jpg

Joseph Kent

Bearcat
Gentlemen, my son was the owner of the stainless Bisley that just sold as one of the "Shootist" type revolvers. He decided to sell it because none of us or our friends found it comfortable to carry and shoot in the field. We much prefer the standard single six platform and at this time are preparing to send a single six in 32H&R to Hamilton to have converted to 327 Federal which we think will make a neat walking around gun when we Prairie Dog. He was pleased with what it sold for, as prior to the forum comments ,he would have been pleased with $449. Both he and I hope that a collector got it,as that is what we do. He with English Stocked American Double Barrels and I with S&W's as well as Martial arms. It always amazes us as what a One of akind will bring as there is no "measuring" stick to judge against. When I am searching for an S&W Model 45 in 22lr and fully expect to pay between 2 and 3K for it I feel that the buyor of the Bisley got a good deal. We both hope he is pleased. All my best, Joe.

kentdep

Single-Sixer
As I have told many, I turned my stainless Super Single Six into a Bisley after shooting my Accusport Bisley .45c/acp. Thought it would be just dandy for shooting squirrels and it truely is. I had called Accusport up (this is about 5 years ago) and asked them if they would have Ruger buiild a run of Single Sixes and they said they wanted too but it wasn't high on their list.

Since I couldn't wait for Ruger or Accusport to get onto this I got my own made. I ordered the parts that I could from Brownells, ordered the hammer from Ruger (it's smaller and brownells didn't carry the rare stainless Single Six Bisley hammer). The parts were boxed up and sent to David Clements.

The gun cost me a very large chunk of change when it was all done. I know that I won't ever get my money out of it but in the end I am happy that I did it and I do believe that if these were factory made they would sell. Just my two cents.

100_0394.jpg

Jay

flatgate

Hawkeye
Jay, put your image's URL between the Forum Code for posting image. I.E.,
. Note that NO SPACES are used between the Codes and the Image's URL.

:D

flatgate

PS Click on the "edit option" in your post and you can see what I did......

kentdep

Single-Sixer
flatgate said:
Jay, put your image's URL between the Forum Code for posting image. I.E.,
. Note that NO SPACES are used between the Codes and the Image's URL.

:D

flatgate

PS Click on the "edit option" in your post and you can see what I did......

Thanks Flatgate! It is a much nicer looking post now! :D

alukban

Bearcat
"Me too!"

I had Clements do one for me also. I got a short, re-barreled Single Six Bisley. It is very accurate with CCI Mini Mags and Wolf Match Target ammo. I've posted pics of it here lots of times before but I love to see pics so I figure I would post in kind :)

I sorta abuse mine. I have used it to hammer in wooden tent pegs (unloaded, of course). The thing is super strong for the caliber. There's a whole lot of metal in a Singel Six. The Bisley frame makes it feels like a target gun. Excellent sights and short barrel make it holster well. I am shooting the snot out of mine and plan to pass it on to my boy... a very worthy "family gun".

L1030469s.jpg

PS. Clements is tops to deal with - excellent turn around time/production - all business but with simple, matter-of-fact courtesy.

kentdep

Single-Sixer
Oh it is stainless Hondo..

Bisley Bud, I called them up and asked if I could buy one. They sold one to me. Wasn't any more difficult than that.

Jay

Hondo44

Hawkeye
kentdep said:
Oh it is stainless Hondo..

Bisley Bud, I called them up and asked if I could buy one. They sold one two me. Wasn't any more difficult than that.

Jay

Sorry Jay, I was looking at alukban's blue guns. @#!%*

I didn't think it was a problem getting stainless, but I've only ordered blue ones in the past.

alukban

Bearcat
Now that you mention it, I guess it may be stainless steel Hondo.

Clements definitely blackened/blued it, whatever it is. I guess I can just try to put a magnet to it next weekend...

Hondo44

Hawkeye
alukban said:
Now that you mention it, I guess it may be stainless steel Hondo.

Clements definitely blackened/blued it, whatever it is. I guess I can just try to put a magnet to it next weekend...

Unfortunately, a magnet is attracted to Ruger's particular stainless steel alloy.

Latest posts