Ruger 1911s at normal prices

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Mike J got me looking at the Ruger 1911s on Gunbroker and the SELLING price for a while now has been $600 - $635, right where every other Ruger product normally sells at 25% below MSRP. Looks like the shortage and panic might be over. Think I'll wait for an Officer or lightweight Officer. :wink:

DGW1949

Hunter
If it aint over, it almost is.
I still see a lot of overpriced stuff localy but it's not selling.

DGW

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
The SR1911 has been on my wish list since they were announced. But I am unwilling to pay the high prices for them. Now it does seem like the prices are coming down and may finally meet my budget.

Lone Wolf McQuade

Single-Sixer
I saw both for sale in a Massachusetts shop yesterday. They were $649 each. Though that was very good for around here. Did not walk out with one, but may wind up going back when I get some time off. Unfortunately no 45ACP around.

mrbumps

Blackhawk
We have a local FFL that has had several of the 5" models in stock for $609. Still had a couple as of yesterday.

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Not too long ago there were guys around here telling all that you'd better buy the Ruger at $799 cause they'd never go lower and surely only go up in price. :roll: $609 is a great price on what has turned out to be an excellent pistol.

revhigh

Hawkeye
ArmedinAZ said:
Not too long ago there were guys around here telling all that you'd better buy the Ruger at $799 cause they'd never go lower and surely only go up in price. :roll: $609 is a great price on what has turned out to be an excellent pistol.

That's what everybody who paid $799 or more will always tell you ...

REV

Mike J

Hunter
When I was shopping prices I checked gunbroker & gunsamerica. Kinda odd but it seemed like the SR1911's at gunsamerica were about 10% higher than the ones on gunbroker. I also made sure the seller I used didn't charge anything extra for using a credit card. Also kinda nuts that the last time I looked Buds was asking full MSRP. I was looking at Hoffgun before I found the deals on gunbroker. Their price was $689.99 IIRC.

mrbumps

Blackhawk
The place near me that has them for $609 is always the lowest price FFL around here. He has a large inventory, and the guns don't sit long. Even when things went crazy, he kept his prices the same. There are a few other FFL's around selling the SR1911 for $699, an they have been sitting there. I think the infatuation with the Ruger 1911's is finally starting to die down. They are easily found around here lately.

AEROCOLOR

Bearcat
I paid $700+tax for mine and I have no regrets as I`m not reselling it and have been able to enjoy it having bought early.
We`ve all paid more for some of our firearms from time to time due to availability issues I`m sure. $50 to $100 extra isn`t going to break me.
Look what guys paid for ammo recently just to have it....

kidmma

Bearcat
I paid $750 + tax in the middle of June. I was looking at a couple of USED Kimbers. I liked the Ruger sites better. Needed something I could see. :shock:

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
PAID $645 PLUS sstX TO A FRIEND WHO ORDERED 2+ YRS AGO.........INSPECTED 6/29/13 AND SN 834XX, SO, RUGER HAS BUILT 83 THOUSAND+ 1911'S IN ABOUT 2 1/2 YEARS..........QUITE AN ACHEIVEMENT I'D OFFER ...........................

dakota1911

Buckeye
Nice. I got my first SR1911 on a sale for $599 and my SR1911CMD for $669 in Jan. Glad to hear they are coming down to where they should be.

brushunter

Single-Sixer
A local dealer is selling both the commander and full size for 660 plus tax and fees. Thats pretty good for around here. ( W. Pa ) Now if I can just find some .22 ammo :D

regards , brushunter

Mike J

Hunter
volshooter said:
Love the Ruger but I am not going to pay 700+ for one.

They are available cheaper if you are willing to buy from online. I got mine for $635 off Gunbroker. I had to pay $25 shipping & handling & $20 for a local FFL to do the transfer but that is not a big deal as local sales tax is 7% & I didn't have to pay that so I figure it evened out. They may go lower as supply catches up with demand.

rugeron

Bearcat
I recently purchased my SR1911CMD for $690.00 including 6% Mi. sales tax. My dealer said he checked 5 of his distributors before he found 1.