Ruger® Rapid Deploy Front Sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

9x19

Hunter
Thanks but I'll stick with MagPul... I know where they stand on anti-gun legislation.

dgoalie

Bearcat
Did I miss something? I have Magpul sights myself and like them, but as far as I can tell Ruger has been in this fight 100% from the get go too. They spent their money to create the email system that is used by a bunch of companies and organizations to allow us to contact our reps. By all means, support Magpul for their stand, but don't take shots at Ruger on this one.

9x19

Hunter
If that level of involvement pacifies you, fine... but don't assume it's sufficient to others.

Personally, I'd like to have seen them stand up publicly in Connecticut recently... Colt did, where was Ruger?

323ssplt

Bearcat
9x19 said:
Thanks but I'll stick with MagPul... I know where they stand on anti-gun legislation.

Ok. I have been a LONG time lurker here, but this response has finally spurred me to write something.

Ruger is the largest domestic gun manufacturer in the country. They took the lead after the Newtown shooting by posting up prominently on their website the "protect your rights" link that allowed everyone to voice their concern to their elected officials. A year and a half ago, Ruger challenged everyone with the million gun challenge and not only met that, but beat it by almost 25%, donating almost one and a quarter MILLION dollars to the NRA.

How do YOU now figure that Ruger's offering of their own type of AR sights equals a lack of commitment to the fight for the second amendment?

Ruger is headquarters in Connecticut, but doesn't manufacture a single firearm there. As a matter of fact, I believe that they have fewer than 30 employees that reside and work in Southport. I'm sure, as a company, and as individuals, they are appalled by what the Connecticut legislature has done, but as a business, it really hasn't affected them, other than with the commercial sales within the boundaries of the state.

I personally find your comments narrow minded, and lacking any concept of business sense.
You spout off at the mouth like a toddler, yet have no concept of what it takes to run a company. I'm sure you believe that every gun company should quit selling guns in all the states that have recently passed new legislation, but haven't ever thought to boycot Ford, or Chevy for modifying their designs for sale in California.

As to your argument about Colt, Ruger produces the same number of guns in a WEEK, that Colt produces in a year. I ask you who has more to be concerned about?

chefrob1

Single-Sixer
323ssplt said:
9x19 said:

Ok. I have been a LONG time lurker here, but this response has finally spurred me to write something.

Ruger is the largest domestic gun manufacturer in the country. They took the lead after the Newtown shooting by posting up prominently on their website the "protect your rights" link that allowed everyone to voice their concern to their elected officials. A year and a half ago, Ruger challenged everyone with the million gun challenge and not only met that, but beat it by almost 25%, donating almost one and a quarter MILLION dollars to the NRA.

How do YOU now figure that Ruger's offering of their own type of AR sights equals a lack of commitment to the fight for the second amendment?

Ruger is headquarters in Connecticut, but doesn't manufacture a single firearm there. As a matter of fact, I believe that they have fewer than 30 employees that reside and work in Southport. I'm sure, as a company, and as individuals, they are appalled by what the Connecticut legislature has done, but as a business, it really hasn't affected them, other than with the commercial sales within the boundaries of the state.

I personally find your comments narrow minded, and lacking any concept of business sense.
You spout off at the mouth like a toddler, yet have no concept of what it takes to run a company. I'm sure you believe that every gun company should quit selling guns in all the states that have recently passed new legislation, but haven't ever thought to boycot Ford, or Chevy for modifying their designs for sale in California.

As to your argument about Colt, Ruger produces the same number of guns in a WEEK, that Colt produces in a year. I ask you who has more to be concerned about?

hell of a 1st post................

9x19

Hunter
323ssplt said:
9x19 said:

Ok. I have been a LONG time lurker here, but this response has finally spurred me to write something...

Welcome to the forum, there are no rules which say we all have to agree... so I will still choose to send money for any BUIS purchase to the folks at MagPul instead of the folks at Ruger. You may certainly do the opposite and I will simply... not care.

323ssplt

Bearcat
9x19 said:
323ssplt said:
9x19 said:

Ok. I have been a LONG time lurker here, but this response has finally spurred me to write something...

Welcome to the forum, there are no rules which say we all have to agree... so I will still choose to send money for any BUIS purchase to the folks at MagPul instead of the folks at Ruger. You may certainly do the opposite and I will simply... not care.

And this is what makes this country great! We don't have to agree to get along!

toyhunt

Single-Sixer
Do most people add these sights with AR's that have only eotech or optic sights only? I only have eotech sight & was just thinking of adding for backup.

9x19

Hunter
Yes, Back-Up Iron Sights (BUIS) are normally used in combination with an optical sight.

Geoff Timm

Single-Sixer
Interesting, there are many folks who abandoned Ruger and S&W for sins against the 2nd Amendment and some will never forgive or forget. Doesn't matter that the management and ownership changed to them at all.
Geoff
Who is an open minded fellow, but that doesn't me I have holes in my head...

Lloyd Smale

Blackhawk
If your looking for open minds about products other then rugers this sure isnt the place. Youll ususaly get just the response you got ;). Some here think the sun rises and sets on anything that says ruger on it whether its quality or crap.

RJ556

Buckeye
And on the other hand, if a person has that much against Ruger products, why even post on this forum. It's for those who LIKE Rugers!

hpman66

Hunter
RJ556 said:
And on the other hand, if a person has that much against Ruger products, why even post on this forum. It's for those who LIKE Rugers!

This^^^^, +10

In my dealings with Sturm, Ruger & Inc.(goes back a long time), I have never had any bad dealings or bad customer service. I even wrote a letter to Bill Ruger one time and told him that I wished the rest of the country(all companies, industries, manufacturers, etc.) were ran like Ruger runs it's customer service. I was hoping to get a personal reply but this was shortly after Mr. Ruger had a mild stroke and he wasn't up to writing letters. I did get a personally autographed copy(ordered it through Ruger's personal secretary) of the book on Ruger by R.L. Wilson.

9x19

Hunter
I think it's OK to post here even if you only like some Ruger products and dislike others.

I own a fair number of Rugers, but many of the products introduced since the family sold the company don't really thrill me.

mdewitt71

Single-Sixer
RJ556 said:

Exactly.
:roll:

Don't matter the name of the forum you will always find irrational and uneducated posts....
I just scroll over them and chalk the poster up as irrelevant.

hpman66

Hunter
Forum members, don't forget the "friend/foe" feature on RF, I just used it. :p :lol: :mrgreen:

Major T

Blackhawk
Some folks just do not say much until they have something to say. Agree, that was a strong first post.

I do not believe that I drink Ruger Kool-Aid, but I find myself with 10 or more of their firearms. I have also steered more than a few friends and relatives to Ruger 77s for their hunting rifle, although I do not personally have one. I tend to like Mauser 98/old Brownings. None have been disappointed.

Even while old Bill was still around, the company saw that their future for plants was elsewhere.

Ruger has not been red mouthed over the political issues, but neither have they been silent. Their rhetoric has been civil. There is wisdom in working behind the scenes rather than doing as a lot of us do by calling the administration a bunch of idiots. Look at Shell. That organization is some five hundred years old. Lots of governments have come and gone while they did/do business.

I agree that some of Ruger's products have no appeal to me. Specifically, their semi-auto center fire handgun line. Others disagree and that is fine. Jack