Rst4 bolts

Help Support Ruger Forum:

martyj

Blackhawk
I need to ask you guys about the older bolts and what is considered the firing pin support on the bolt.
My book reads that type 2 started with the recoil spring support in the bolt but was told that type 2 bolts do not have firing pin support from the factory?
How do you tell the difference on these or what is considered the firing pin support?
Thank you

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
singlesix9020.jpg

radicalrod

Hunter
The type one has NO slot at the end near the chamber like the first two in Ricks picture

The rest have the slot cut in them for the support to fit in....looks like the top 1/3 of a washer.....

Hope I haven't got you confused with my attempted to explain it....see ya RR.

martyj

Blackhawk
Thank you for your help but was trying to figure out on the first 2 in the picture. What is the difference and what they were used in so I don't buy a pistol with the wrong bolt in it.
Due to past experience I found its better to ask and wait than to buy and get the wrong parts in an expensive pistol.
thank you

as I had said in my e-mail to you, gotta pay attention as there have been MANY of the older RST's and Mark I's, that have had the bolt replaced or updated..........it is how the recoil spring guide assembly mounts in the bolt that is the difference....great picture above, look carefully at each one...then you would have to "see" the early spring, guide , and the later "assembly" ....comes all together as a unit......