RST4 Box Value Help

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I recently ran across a RST4 box that is in really great shape. It also has the book, product registration card, and a little safety booklet. I know some of these older boxes are worth a few bucks, so was hoping someone would give me some clues on this one. The serial number written in white down the side of the box is 16-30876 which should put it around 1981. The statement inside the lid of the box is dated January 1978. So anyone want to give me an idea of what this is worth???

I agree with the above, your number is a later version possibly the last one on the right here??

then they went to the yellow/black, and finally to the gray plastic cases, like the current guns.......

early boxes, hinged are $200, the second early red box was "unhinged" and they run $100 plus, the middle box red, with the black end, runs in the $40-60 range, and the last one ,on the right is the one used for new model guns (short ones) starting in 1973 and run in the $25-35 range, the later yellow ones $20-30 and the plastic cases $15-20........hope this helps. yes, I know some sell or are bought for LESS and at any given auction, if two people NEED ( pucker factor) they can drive the prices skyward 8) :roll: :wink:

Have a safe and Happy, Fourth !! :)