replacement parts?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
I was wondering, does the rubber retension spacers inside a holster ever wear out? If so how long if the holster is used daily? I thought of buying a replacement kit to keep on hand if I may need them later. I just recently bought my first leather holster that has tightners that use the spacers. Thanks

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
Castrating bands worked for my holster. Ask your local veterinarian.
The spacers in my holster are around 1/2" long and it has two. They look like these in the pic, and are at the area's where the screw's are. First holsters I ever had with these in them. I don't know how long they supposed to last and I always like parts around for stuff that might not last long. If they last as long as the holster then I am good because they are expensive, costing almost as much as the holster did. Thanks

Attachments

• 51FiUPrb-wS._SL1000_.jpg
    51FiUPrb-wS._SL1000_.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 25
  • 20231205_174041.jpg
    20231205_174041.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 24
The spacers in my holster are around 1/2" long and it has two. They look like these in the pic, and are at the area's where the screw's are. First holsters I ever had with these in them. I don't know how long they supposed to last and I always like parts around for stuff that might not last long. If they last as long as the holster then I am good because they are expensive, costing almost as much as the holster did. Thanks

If I was looking for replacements, I might start at the local hardware store (Ace, where I live). They've got drawers full of stuff: rubber stoppers, bushings, nylon or aluminum standoffs, even 'gunsmithing' screws. Back when I was building FALs, I used shaft collars from the hardware store as 'spacer rings' for my Israeli FAL handguards. Fun to see what they've got (for me at least), even if I don't find what I want!

IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, doesn't cost anything to look, etc.
:)

Try some fuel line.
Or vacuum line. Fuel line has fabric and is layered. Vacuum line is usually pure rubber. Or if you want "bulletproof" go with polyurethane. You may have to order a solid rod, cut it to length and drill the center.

I doubt those will ever wear out. I've had a holster with those for years and never had an issue.