Remington 141 Smokin' Wood!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flhr62

Single-Sixer
I agree with you caryc. I think the checkering is about as impressive as the wood

I wondre how much it would cost to manufacture a Remington 14 or 141 now? The following 760 series are excellent rifles, but they were mainly designed to be cheap to make. I compare my late Model 14 (1930s?) .25 Rem with my 1950s 760 .300 and---there just isn't ANY comparison in workmanship.

Otony

Blackhawk
Mike Armstrong":13qrp4kg said:
I wondre how much it would cost to manufacture a Remington 14 or 141 now? The following 760 series are excellent rifles, but they were mainly designed to be cheap to make. I compare my late Model 14 (1930s?) .25 Rem with my 1950s 760 .300 and---there just isn't ANY comparison in workmanship.

I often wonder about things like this as well. We always hear about how they "don't make 'em like they used too", or that it would be too costly to machine nowadays.

However given the level of CNC machining possible nowadays, even a complex part like a 141 receiver should be easily within reach of a good programmer.

Would it be less costly than a 760/7600 series? I doubt that, but I am willing to bet that it would cost less than producing it the "old fashioned way".

People seem ready and willing to pay for good quality SAA revolvers from USFA or STI (the Texican), or fine quality bolt actions from a myriad of makers. I can see a demand for CNC made older designs, but the market may be too thin to justify unfortunately.