Rem 41 mag ammo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

planoracer1937

Bearcat
Being a newbie,I wanted a big bore cowboy pistol but on the cheap.Found a .41 mag 3screw Blackhawk and jumped on it.Now I can't find any ammo for it.Got a box of 20 but thats all i could find on the planet.Anyone want to sell some they have stashed?

427mach1

Blackhawk
You might want to check out Georgia Arms - they sell remanufactured ammo for a reasonable price and their website currently shows some availability. If you don't intend to take up reloading, save your brass anyway and send it to me!

The Blackhawk Kid

Blackhawk
I have found the components for 41 mag easier to find than ammo. I reload on my Dillon. 41 stuff seems overlooked or not too well known. I was at a Cabelas just when the guy was putting out reloading stuff and picked up some loaded ammo and brass. Just shop around. Get into reloading and shoot that 41! I'll take it off yer hands If'n you can't find any ammo! Ha! BHK Welcome to the Forum! I am in the buckeye state.

snappy

Single-Sixer
Hi planoracer,

Good choice of caliber in the .41 Mag! I started reloading these last years after getting a .41 too. The cost of commercial was just too much. You can set up to load small batches pretty cheap if you want it just takes more time. I got the Lee hand press which has been great and is very inexpensive. You focus on one task at a time, which is better for safety while learning, and just plug away step by step. I've upgraded to a Redding turret now but will certainly be keeping the Lee around.

For what it's worth, I have yet to find a round that was a dog in any of my 41's, and get good accuracy even with some very light loads. Have fun!

xtpshooter

Single-Sixer
The 41 mag, my favorite caliber of all time. Reloading is the best way to go for this round, factory ammo is just way to expensive. A great caliber to shoot and works well on Whitetail deer and most other critters. Enjoy it, I have 6 of them and would never sell a single one.

G2

Hunter
I have a few extra boxes/50 Remington. PM if your still looking.

Latest posts