Red dot sights for 480 SRH

Help Support Ruger Forum:

EarlFH

Single-Sixer
Does anyone know of a red dot type sight that can be mounted with the standard SRH scope rings, or if not, using the SRH scope mounting scallops? I don't want to drill, and tap.

EarlFH

contender

Ruger Guru
I seem to recall something somewhere about a weaver type of base that uses the Ruger scallops to allow the use of "other" types of optics etc. I just can't recall where.
You also might google "1" red dot optics, scopes" & see what comes up. Try 30mm optics too.

s4s4u

Hunter
I had a Millett on my SRH for a little bit. The 1" tube is dang small, and it had a tint that made low light not an option.

An UltraDot 30 in Leupy rings on a Weigand adaptor would be the way to go, IMO, for a dot. Or, Leupold makes a set of 30mm rings that will fit the Ruger crescents, sold as M77.

I now have a Burris 4x fixed on my SRH and it gets the job done nicely.

EarlFH

Single-Sixer
Thanks guys. You've given me exactly the info, to start finding what I need. I'll be looking over those sites today.

EarlFH

certified angus

Bearcat
Robb Barnes":1c0fuyaw said:
Is that certified black angus or red angus? :wink:
ha ha, take your pick. Don't know if it matters, both should be good :p . I was a bit nervous driving across Montana last month to go elk hunting. Kept seeing all those Angus ranches, hoping no one would see me running loose.

And no, I didn't get an elk, but still had a great time. Did get two grouse though, a blue and a ruffed, both with the bow.