RAR BOLT

Help Support Ruger Forum:

decoy

Bearcat
Bought a RAR .243 and the bolt is terrible. Very rough finish. :x Sent it to Ruger! Any body find the same problem?

decoy

Bearcat
You would THINK "made in America" would mean the bolt would not look like it came from china.

willk

Blackhawk
Purchased a Remington 700 ten years ago. Bolt felt like sandpaper. Worse than Brenda's RAR Ranch rifle by a good margin. We own several Remington 700's from the 70's and XP100's from the 70's and 80's. Different times bolts as smooth as glass.

My 77MKII that was rebarreled and trued by ER Shaw has a nice action.

Luckyducker

Single-Sixer
I have a RAR chambered in 270Win and the S-I-L has one in 308Win and they are both smooth as a babies butt, maybe you just got one that fell through the cracks that quality control missed.

Three50seven

Buckeye
I have three, 22wmr, .223, and 300 BLK and the bolts are fine on all of them. I was actually quite impressed with how smooth they cycle. Ruger will take care of it I'm sure.

The bolt on my .270 Win. RAR is one of the smoothest and quietest I have ever operated, at any price. I wouldn't change it. It's also the most accurate rifle I own, although I only own six.