Random act of kindness

Help Support Ruger Forum:

We had to go to a neurologist today for Linda, my wife. When we left we stopped a Dunkin Donuts in nearby. Linda ordered a cone and I ordered 3 chocolate frosted and 3 glazed. I asked the young lady, that took my order, what the cost was. She said it was $9.47 but that gentleman, pointing to him, has already paid for it. I turned to look at him. He Smiled and walked out. No idea who he was or why he paid. He was gone before I could get outside to thank him

contender

Ruger Guru
I have received acts of kindness from strangers,, as well as also doing kind things for a stranger.
Were you by chance wearing anything to reflect your military service?

It was a kind act but a bit shocking. The only other instance was years ago. I was heading to Ft Bliss Texas to attend the Sergeants Major academy First Sergeants course. I stopped in Little Rock AR for dinner and an older couple came to my table and asked if they could join me. I told them sure and we had supper. When the check came they grabbed mine and said they were taking care of it as a "thank you". They said that they had been traveling behind me for a long time and that I kept a constant pace and wasn't driving 'crazy' like many others so-they followed me. I accepted their gracious offer and went to my motel room. The next morning, when I started out, their car was already gone.
I have received acts of kindness from strangers,, as well as also doing kind things for a stranger.
Were you by chance wearing anything to reflect your military service?

gone.

contender

Ruger Guru
You are right about it being a bit shocking.

Miss Penny & I went to a German restaurant several years ago. I was wearing one of my ball caps, with "US Army Veteran" on it. I saw a former Marine with his ball cap,, and it was also denoting his Vietnam service. I stopped, spoke with him for a few minutes, and then sat down. When he left,, we said "goodbye" to each other & he left.
When I later asked for my check,, my waitress said my bill had been paid.

When I asked by whom,, she nodded to a table behind where I'd sat. A couple seated there,, had paid for our dinner. I got up & went & thanked them. The lady said she wanted to do that as a small way of saying "Thank You" for my service. I was quite taken aback,, and a bit speechless when my waitress told me my dinner had been bought. (And for the folks who know me,, being speechless is rare!) :D