Rams Horn for my 38 Super

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Spencer

Single-Sixer
They look awesome. I really like that you left some of the bark on them. I do like smooth sheephorn, but the bark gives it so much more color and texture....simply amazing and probably my favorite grip material. Well done sir.

Believe it or not, I have a Ruger .32 Mag with Sheephorn grips with some of the bark left on them. Regular gripframe not birdshead, so you can find it. I'm not derailing this thread with my grips, but can post on a new thread.

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
Super beautiful grips.This is a box of Marco Polo horn parts,each,8-10" long.How many grips would these make?

LSCG

Buckeye
Short Barrel said:
Super beautiful grips.This is a box of Marco Polo horn parts,each,8-10" long.How many grips would these make?

well it would depend on the final thickness and width once they were cut into blanks but i'd say there's probably 4 sets of single action grips in there, maybe more.

LSCG

Buckeye
Spencer said:
They look awesome. I really like that you left some of the bark on them. I do like smooth sheephorn, but the bark gives it so much more color and texture....simply amazing and probably my favorite grip material. Well done sir.

Believe it or not, I have a Ruger .32 Mag with Sheephorn grips with some of the bark left on them. Regular gripframe not birdshead, so you can find it. I'm not derailing this thread with my grips, but can post on a new thread.

thanks!

I was really hoping that some of the bark would still be there in the finished grips and luckily it worked out that way, like stag or Elk antler I really think the bark gives them character.