Ramlines

Help Support Ruger Forum:

carsinc

Bearcat
I still find 15 rd Ramline plastic mags at gun shows, and most often they are cheap, around $5, probably because eventually they stick and don't feed. A lot of guys out there have probably figured out how to fix Ramlines so they don't stick, making them a bargin.

They work great when you put them in the 'round file'...

you don't have to worry about them sticking 'eventually'... they stick right out of the package and just like a Timex...just keep on sticking.....

sourdough44

Single-Sixer
I just bought that new Ruger 25 round magazine, some very good reviews on the Midway site.

I have a 10/22 that fails with the "hot lips" mags but my Ramlines work everytime in it. But my Charger wont work with the Ramline. The new Ruger 25 round mag works great in the Charger though.

If you can get them for 5 bucks, why not give them a try?

ranger1

Buckeye
Fox Mike said:
I wonder if anyone makes a 20 round magazine for the 10-22? Here in the Peoples Republic of Maryland one cannot buy anything with more than 20 rounds capacity.

A little off topic, but I believe I read somewhere that it's perfectly legal to purchase or take receipt of high cap magazines and bring them into the state of MD to own, use, store etc.

Furthermore, the law only states that they can't be shipped, sold or someone take receipt into their possession inside the state of MD.

I'm sure someone will chime in and correct me if I'm passing on false information.

Gumby

Bearcat
ranger1 said:
Fox Mike said:
I wonder if anyone makes a 20 round magazine for the 10-22? Here in the Peoples Republic of Maryland one cannot buy anything with more than 20 rounds capacity.

A little off topic, but I believe I read somewhere that it's perfectly legal to purchase or take receipt of high cap magazines and bring them into the state of MD to own, use, store etc.

Furthermore, the law only states that they can't be shipped, sold or someone take receipt into their possession inside the state of MD.

I'm sure someone will chime in and correct me if I'm passing on false information.

Ranger1

Yes, that's exactly the way I understand it.

Subtitle 3, Section 4-305,b
Prohibited.- A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

The above law pertains to the state of Maryland. Notice that the law doesn't say that you can not own a magazine with a capacity of more than 20 rounds.

But I have heard of people being threatened by the police while at a local range because the police do not know the law.

Gumby
P.S. Sorry to have hijacked this thread, but I thought I needed to help clarify.

A

Anonymous

I traded in four Butler Creek 25 rnd mag's at a gun show for partial credit twds the new Ruger BX-25, which works great in my 10/22 & Charger. As I understand, it was Bill Ruger himself who forbid higher capacity mag's for his guns. I salute the man & his immortal designs, but I'm glad to have a TRUE Ruger extended magazine now.

Latest posts