Pulled the trigger - so to speak.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Huhwhat?

Blackhawk
I've been thinking about picking up an AR platform for some time. Now seemed to be a good time. I went down to the local gun shop yesterday to find they had racks of various AR rifles. Went back this morning to find they had about half as many as they had yesterday, no doubt due to the events in Orlando.

I put a new Ruger AR-556 on layaway.

9x19

Hunter
Congrats,

No runs on rifles here, and I hope you didn't get one of those that wakes folks up at night and compels them to shoot up their local communities* :roll:

(*after all the Demoncraps would have us believe ~ it's the rifle's fault).

jerryh

Bearcat
Trucker said:
I hope you love your Ruger AR556 as much as I love mine. :D

Like Huhwhat - (kinda), I bought an AR556, online, last Friday. It should be at my local FFL tomorrow. Trucker when you find the time - I'd enjoy hearing the ups and downs of your AR556 experiences.

Regards, Jerryh

Trucker

Single-Sixer
It works. Zero malfunctions. Not the most powerful rifle I've ever shot but I knew that when I bought it. Not the most accurate rifle I've ever shot but I didn't expect it to be and isn't set up to be nor is it fed custom loaded ammo in order to be. It's relatively economical to shoot, fun to shoot, and will do exactly what I expected it to do when I bought it and do it very well.

What more can I ask of it?

jerryh

Bearcat
',,,,What more can I ask of it?'

Thanks for the info Trucker. When I was in Vietnam - of course we were issued M16s. While there I carried a couple of different rifles (than the AR) - I always went back to the AR. With the AR you can carry almost twice as much ammo as carrying an M14 or similar caliber - not to mention the weight of the heavier rifle itself. I finagled a Grease Gun once - that lasted as long as I could manage to get rid of it. As to the power - I certainly would not go bear hunting with it- but in my experience, those shot with a 5.56 never thanked anyone for not using a larger, more powerful weapon.

Regards, Jerry

I would just like to say - in the underlined sentence above, although I believe it to be true of the .223 cal -- I regret how I phrased the thought. It sounded as if I were trying to ----------- it just sounds wrong and I wish I said it differently.

Regards, Jerry

PinnedAndRecessed

Single-Sixer
I picked up a Ruger AR 556 yesterday as well. It was the last one this particular gun shop had in stock. At $640, it was also the least expensive AR 556 in the county. And just for good measure I stopped at another gun shop and picked up an Anderson lower for $43. I've never built an AR but, who knows?

Huhwhat?

Blackhawk
Picked it up...

IMG_2201jpg-wp_zpscbpkcl0v.jpg

When I went in to pick it up, the gun guy there said they sold out of every AR they had over the weekend. They got in some they had already ordered, but not enough to replace what they sold. They have about a half dozen new, and the same of used.

He also said the guns they just ordered today are going to be more money, because the distributor raised his prices by about $90 on a Ruger AR556.

He said I got mine at just the right time.

Huhwhat?

Blackhawk
PinnedAndRecessed said:
I picked up a Ruger AR 556 yesterday as well. It was the last one this particular gun shop had in stock. At $640, it was also the least expensive AR 556 in the county. And just for good measure I stopped at another gun shop and picked up an Anderson lower for $43. I've never built an AR but, who knows?

I paid less than that, including taxes.

Latest posts