Problem with a Lee Auto Pro

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kantor99

Bearcat
I load .45 acp and .45 Colts on a Lee Progressive and am having problems with the Lee Auto Pro. Every other charge is about .5 Gr + more. For instance, loading 10.1 gr HS-6, every other load will come out between 10.8 and 11. I throw that one back in and the next load comes out 10.1. This happens consistently with multiple powders. I've taken it apart and cleaned it and no effect. Any suggestions?

Jim Puke

Hunter
Did this just start?

Try the discs...see how that compares to the charge bar. If it is the same, at least you have eliminated the charge bar as the source of the problem.

Clovishound

Blackhawk
I gave up on the adjustable charge bar because of inconsistent charges. I went back to the disks and get good consistency with most powders. I will sometimes get some over/under charges during the first few throws in a session. This settles down after a number of throws.

Two possibles that I've seen while using the LEE auto-type measures. One had a twitch that caused the bar to fail to return to full rest position. This in turn caused the cavity to fail to fill the same each time. The second was the travel was not quite long enough to fully dump the measure cavity leaving a small, inconsistent amount of powder in the cavity. In the second case, the quicker the measure activated, the less powder was left in the cavity.