PRICE QUESTION ON 2 OLD MODEL RUGER'S *WITH PICTURES*

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chevy garage

Bearcat
I just aquired 2 old model Rugers, 1st is a 1969 Super Blackhawk 44 Mag. 7 1/2" barrel and a 1967 Bearcat. Both are in at least 98% condition. I bought them from the original owner. He thinks he has the original boxes. What are these worth. Just checking the experts to see if I paid too much. Thanks

rugeroldmodels003.jpg

rugeroldmodels002.jpg

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
I think the Super should be a bit over $500 (is it converted?) and the Bearcat around $370 (what does it look like?). The boxes could be valuable.

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
I think the Super Bearcats are a bit heavier and have a prefix serial number (Bearcats from 1969 and 1970 probably have a prefix too). Also, it looks like the Super Bearcats started in 1971 so it is a Bearcat if it was made in 1967. I am looking at my new RENE price guide. I just got my first RENE reference yesterday, so I'm pretty new to this.

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
I am not an expert at overpaying for Rugers, but I do have quite a bit of experience at paying more than the prices in this price guide. And my favorite Ruger is still the one I overpayed the most for. Don't worry if you paid more than these prices. If you are worried then post them for sale in the classified section for a bit more than you paid plus shipping and I bet they will sell. I really like that Super Blackhawk!

Sugar River

Buckeye
Sam Johnson":pid0whna said:
chevy, Super Bearcats have a 91-xxxxx pre fix serial number and they weigh 27 oz vs the Bearcat weight of 24 oz.

And OM cats (Alum frame) are 1lb on the nose.
The NMs are 24 oz.

Pete