Price for a NIB KP94?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RickH

Bearcat
I was quoted a price of $470 for a new in the box KP94. This is from a reputable Ruger dealer about an hour drive from me. I have not seen the gun but am certain it would really be new in the box.

I've ordered a SR9 with a 331-series prefix (for the improved trigger) from this dealer and want to know what to offer for the KP94 in case he could not get the SR9 331 series. Thanks,

Rick

roylt

Hunter
I assume since it is new in box it is 40 cal and safe style. Which would really make it a KP944.

Local to me a KP944DC used was $400.00
It was real nice, someone beat me to it and I'm actually glad because I would prefer the 9mm KP94DC instead.

At Bud's KP944 is $477 with free ship. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_49_75/products_id/70222

roylt

Hunter
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=208962400

This is P944 not a "K" but it is only $350.00 + freight.

wildturk

Single-Sixer
RickH said:
I was quoted a price of $470 for a new in the box KP94. This is from a reputable Ruger dealer about an hour drive from me. I have not seen the gun but am certain it would really be new in the box.

I've ordered a SR9 with a 331-series prefix (for the improved trigger) from this dealer and want to know what to offer for the KP94 in case he could not get the SR9 331 series. Thanks,

Rick
$470 is on the high side. If you shop around, you should be able to be closer to $300 or less. They are out there.... I paid less than $300 for my last 94, NIB, 2 mags, case, etc, from GunBroker.

RickH

Bearcat
My dealer wasn't able to get the SR9 331 series after all. I figured it was a long shot. Anyway, since he couldn't get the SR9 in the 331 series I was able to get the new in the box KP94 9mm for $430. Based on the serial no. it was made in 1994, first year of production. And it is definitely new in the box.

It came with blued magazines, I guess before Ruger started making them in stainless. I'm going to order some stainless mags from CDNN so in case I want to sell the blued ones as new.

I'm really happy with it, can't wait to go to the range.

Thanks for all the input.

RickH

Bearcat
Yes, based on the serial numbers of the Ruger website. And it was definitely new, never fired, in the box. In fact, the gun had no-rust paper on the slide, inside a plastic bag with the Ruger logo on it. This was in a plastic box, which was in a cardboard box with the gun information on a Ruger label. I checked on all the P-series in stainless and I think he had a few KP94s. He may have had other P-Series that were not stainless slide.

This is the fifth Ruger I've bought from him. When I went to pick my KP94 up he had a NIB Ruger Red Label shotgun sitting out that looked like it was in a pretty old style cardboard box. I'm like a kid in a candy store every time I go there, just looking at all he has.

I'm not affiliated with the dealer, other than being a loyal customer. If you want to contact him PM me and I will provide his name and phone number.

RickH

Bearcat
Good Morning Yawn,

My dealer said he had a few in his safe. When I first called him about a 9mm pistol I asked for the price for a KP95, SR9 and any Ruger P-Series, 9mm, stainless slide, manual safety or decocker-only, models KP89, KP93, KP94 he might have in stock. . He asked me to hold while he looked through his safe. He came back and said he had a few KP94s in 9mm.

I think after Ruger discontinues something he he puts a few of that model away in his safe, planning on someone like me eventually coming along. Whatever the reason, I'm glad he did because I really like this pistol. I won't be able to shoot it for a few days but the reliability and durability of the P-Series are pretty much legendary, some reviewers even say they are very accurate.

Latest posts