Price CK Glock 19...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

skip

Single-Sixer

I'm selling this Glock for a friend and was wondering if the green frame Glocks bring in more $...almost any comments/suggestions appreciated..

96/44

Blackhawk
I have new OD green Gen4's on the shelf for $549 if that gives you an idea. Someone would probably be willing to pay $425-475 or so.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
The condition appears excellent from what I can see. I'm pretty much where 96 is on it. I'd lowball with a 400 offer and be willing to climb up to around 450 in the negotiation. For most I think however, the OD green brings less money not more. Most still prefer it in black. There's a niche that likes the green but its small.

GKC

Blackhawk
Rei40c said:
For most I think however, the OD green brings less money not more. Most still prefer it in black. There's a niche that likes the green but its small.

Well, not so much around here, anyway...a few years ago, I used to see brand new OD Green Glocks, Rugers, and XDs in the case that were priced less than the exact same standard frame color gun. Now, the green guns command a premium, at least around here!

Of course, all this past year or so, ANY gun has been selling for a premium. I quit bothering to go browsing at gun shops, it was too depressing to see the empty cases and high prices on the few guns they had. I guess I should make the rounds and check again...maybe things are improving.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
GKC said:
Rei40c said:
For most I think however, the OD green brings less money not more. Most still prefer it in black. There's a niche that likes the green but its small.

Well, not so much around here, anyway...a few years ago, I used to see brand new OD Green Glocks, Rugers, and XDs in the case that were priced less than the exact same standard frame color gun. Now, the green guns command a premium, at least around here!

Of course, all this past year or so, ANY gun has been selling for a premium. I quit bothering to go browsing at gun shops, it was too depressing to see the empty cases and high prices on the few guns they had. I guess I should make the rounds and check again...maybe things are improving.

Still pretty bleak in Virginia. In fact I can see no signs of improvement in either the ammo or gun prices. I read people posting that its improving but I think its wishful thinking, at least so far. I gave up looking too. I'mma try back around the end of August.

skip

Single-Sixer
Thnx guys...yes the gun is in top condition...I remember when the green Glocks sold out fast on the internet and then for a few years you couldn't find one....now I guess it probably doesn't mean much...

revhigh

Hawkeye
Rei40c said:
The condition appears excellent from what I can see. I'm pretty much where 96 is on it. I'd lowball with a 400 offer and be willing to climb up to around 450 in the negotiation. For most I think however, the OD green brings less money not more. Most still prefer it in black. There's a niche that likes the green but its small.

He's selling it .... Not buying it.

Most used Glocks go for about $100 under new retail.

Agreed on the green bringing slightly less.

REV

dakota1911

Buckeye
I have seen ones like it in gunstores, used for around $400. The green is sort of a like it or not like it thing.

skip

Single-Sixer
thnx for all the replies...I looked for a few months for a green Glock and thought they would be worth a little extra..I even named mine Glockamole...

Latest posts