Pictures Added Three Screw 357 to 44 Special Advise Please

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
BTW, I've had two OM Ruger .357s converted to .44 Special. I shot whatever I wanted out of them, including the Skeeter load and Elmer's load, a 245 gr Keith style SWC over 17.5 gr of 2400. That last load snorted a mite! :D

ElmerKeith

Bearcat
Muley Gil said:
BTW, I've had two OM Ruger .357s converted to .44 Special. I shot whatever I wanted out of them, including the Skeeter load and Elmer's load, a 245 gr Keith style SWC over 17.5 gr of 2400. That last load snorted a mite! :D

How did they make the conversion? Did they open up the barrel to .44 as well as the chambers of the cylinder or by replacing barrel and cylinder?

ElmerKeith

Bearcat
GA Cracker said:
Leonard Howell 334-749-1942
550 Lee Rd 169
Opelika, AL 36804
Mr Howell made the damascus bowie from a pattern knife I sent to him. I will try to do another post with pictures of three knives and a tomahawk Mr Howell did for me.
I got the case made of mink from Mr Howell but the bottom knife was not made by Mr Howell. I was told the bottom knife is a 1909 US Military Bolo. The knife is marked US MOD 191 and I can't make out the last digit on the right side. The date of 1918 marked on the knife's left side with some writing I can't make out and PHILA is on the left side. The Bolo was flat on one side of the blade and carried an angle edge on the other side. I was told this was a military field amputation tool but I can't verify that. Anyhoo I worked an edge on both sides and put an edge on the top end of the blade and I like it as a Bowie knife. Some may say I ruined it but I like it the way I fixed it.

Thank you for your informations!

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
Alan Harton down in Houston TX rechambered the .357 cylinder to .44 Special. One OM has a 4 5/8" Super Blackhawk .44 barrel. He turned down the diameter slightly and that also eliminated the "Ruger billboard" warning.

The second one he did used a Colt 5 1/2" New Fronter barrel.