PICS OF REVOLVERS (4-5/8") with character/ history

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tek4260

Buckeye
101_1992.jpg

Well worn Super

jcn1945

Bearcat
My first .45 Bisley conversion, spalted maple, ivory sight, shortened recrowned barrel, removed barrel warning, remounted front sight.

I did the work myself at home. Fun project
100_1610.jpg

.32 HR mag Single Six Vaquero. I milled the top strap & installed adjustable rear sight, reshaped and rewelded the grip frame, added lanyard loop and made the walnut stocks. I did all but the welding myself at home.
100_3050.jpg

Dave T

Single-Sixer
The barrel length topic sucked me into posting this one. It came to me with a chromed grip frame (kind of a satin nickel), an aluminum ERH and a big heat blister on the barrel where a stud was welded/soldered into the ERH screw hole. Found a Ruger steel ERH and a clean XR-3 grip frame. Sent the grip frame to Grashorn Gunworks to have elk horn stocks fitted and while it was gone had Frank Glenn (Accuracy Unlimited) cut the barrel down to 4-5/8" and re-install the factory front sight. He then blued the whole thing to clean up the appearance. When all the repaired and refinished parts were put together it looked like this:

IMG_0073.jpg

I have another 6-1/2" Flat-top 44 Blackhawk which will remain original but this one sure pleases me. It's a version Ruger should have offered back before the SBH and the NM came along.

Dave

RonEgg

Blackhawk
Wish I had a better picture and the only character here might be me. This started off as a standard 45 Colt Blackhawk. I traded a grip frame and hammer for the Bisley ones and a set of stags that I picked up here on the forum finished it off. It is interesting because it is a NM with a non-billboard barrel and OM recessed cylinder. It had a problem when I first bought it, but a weekend with Harton and I had it back. It has become my favorite packing pistol. The only thing shot with it so far, was a rattlesnake coiled on a step out at the ranch.

515.jpg

Scott

Single-Sixer
.45 Colt on top, single six on bottom. I'd like to have one in every caliber, but some they don't make, and some I can't afford. don't know if they qualify as having "character" or "history", but I kinda like 'em

DSC01764.jpg
[/img]

mad-jack

Bearcat
This is my Ruger Super Blackhawk in .44 Mag

Because of the strict gun control laws in Germany it´s my only Ruger.

img9621art.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
Heliman said:
Here's a 50th Anniversary flattop 357 along side a 1957 model. :D

Nice, but the s/n's don't match...... :roll:

I have three of them..... the two 50th Anniv. Flattop guns with 00636 and the original BKH-3 s/n 636....

168996396.jpg

I just CANNOT find the BKH-4 s/n 636! Waaaaa!

:D

flatgate

Latest posts